Vomiting blood?

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Ok, so it's 2am and I feel the need to spew. It tastes strange so I turn the light on in the bathroom. (I'm that good at spewing now I can get from one end of the house to the other, in the dark, to spew)
Turns out it's all bright red blood. I couldn't keep anything down yesterday but wasn't expecting blood. I also had about three nose bleeds and I've never had nose bleeds in my life.

I've lost about 4 kilograms in 2 weeks too, 2kgs in less than a week. I never lose weight and have never been this low in weight.

Is this just normal pregnancy stuff or should I start being concerned?

Contact your doctor. If you couldn't keep anything down yesterday you are probably dehydrated. It's nothing to panic about, the blood is probably just where you've been sick so much (I had the same), but you should contact your doctor/midwife as soon as possible to check if you are dehydrated. Hope you feel better soon.

I'd personally go straight to hospital if I was bringing up blood and having unexplained weight loss. They're not normal of symptoms and not worth leaving to chance. It may be something simple due to lots of vomiting, but you're always better getting checked ASAP. I hope all is well xxxxxxx :hugs:

I would certainly get checked out as soon as you can. The blood being bright red means it could from your throat being raw rather than internal bleeding which would be a darker blood. I hope you can get seen to quickly!

Some sickness is normal in pregnancy. It sounds like yours is beyond normal though. If any other causes are ruled out (like a tummy bug). It sounds like you have HG (Hyperemesis gravidarum) which is basically severe morning sickness. All your symptoms are pretty normal for HG. HG is awful but is rarely dangerous for mother or baby as long as you get treated for dehydration. I had HG and was hardly unable to get out of bed for 6 weeks and ate little. I lost 16kg. I vomited blood and was told it was caused by small tears to the esophagus caused by the acid and strain of vomiting repeatedly and not to worry if it was a small amount but to go straight to the doctor if it was a large amount of red blood. I was told to take anti acids to help with the burning of the acid although half the time I felt too sick to keep them down. Meds can really help for some but you may need to try several. I found they took the edge off the sickness for me and I vomited less but still felt awful. Lying down and not moving was the biggest help. I got an IV drip two or three times a week which helped with hydration. I also got relief from acupuncture. It was awful but thankfully began getting better at 12 weeks for me. It does last longer for some. There is lots of good information and support groups online if you google Hyperemesis gravidarum. Hugs

If it is just blood in your vomit that is normal I have been told. Increased puking can lead to esophagus injuries leading to blood. However if you are vomiting up pure blood I would go to ER. That could be due to a problem that may or may not be related to your pregnancy. Keep us updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->