vomiting- help

kmonai89

Reaction score
I am 10 weeks pregnant. I was really sick up to about 8 weeks and then it stopped. Now, starting yesterday, I am sick again. This time, I can't even get through a meal before I am racing to the bathroom. Even drinking water will cause my vomiting. Crackers don't help. Carbonated drinks don't help. On top of that, I've started to have nose bleeds, 3 today so far. Any suggestions?

I am 10 weeks pregnant. I was really sick up to about 8 weeks and then it stopped. Now, starting yesterday, I am sick again. This time, I can't even get through a meal before I am racing to the bathroom. Even drinking water will cause my vomiting. Crackers don't help. Carbonated drinks don't help. On top of that, I've started to have nose bleeds, 3 today so far. Any suggestions?

if its that bad u need to call ur doctor asap (hugs)

you dont want to end up severly dehydrated which can cause other problems..

feel better

I had hypermesis last time. This time Im doing ok so far.
Here are the things ive done differently: Vitamin B6 3 times a day (im doing 50mg a time). Eating carbs mainly. Eating before bed and drinking milk before bed. Eating before my head comes off the pillow each day and best of all using a magnesium oil spray. Seriously if I get a wave of nausea I squirt about 4 sprays on a thin skin area and massage in. Within 5mins the sick feeling goes.

Everyone is different. This is working for me so far.

I hope you find some relief xx

I'd go to your doctor and get some anti-sickness tablets.
I had bad morning sickness from 4 weeks to 17 weeks and the anti-sickness did help, didn't stop the nausea and sickness all together but it did help ease it.

I'm sorry I have the same problem except mine lasts for long time (14 hours yesterday) and then turns into mild MS for a few days. In thetime that I'm vomiting badly I honestly don't know what to do except wait for it to pass. Its horrible. Just make sure too go get fluids through IV if you get really dehydrated. I still haven't figured out,when is,an appropriate time to get fluids. My OB and the nurse said three days but that seems to me like way too long to be puking non stop. I hope yours goes away soon, so sorry your going through this its horrible :hugs:

if ur unable to hold anything down for one day, you go in...dehydration can cause contractions so yea you dont want that to happen at anytime

feel better

Hi kmonai89
I think you need to see your doc immediately. Vomitting is normal but nose bleeds, is not the preg symptom I know of.

My doc suggested me Vitamin B6 for nausea, vomits. You get Vit B6 pops in 'Babies R Us'. Ginger is all forms - real ginger candies .Also ginger ale is good.

My mom gave me old trick of sucking on cardamoms cloves.

I had the same thing, I am now 12 weeks and only throwing up once a day. Usually it was at least 6 times a day.
Not even water could stay down it was horrible.
I had to go to the doctor and get anti-sickness tablets because I was so worried I wasn't getting enough of what I needed.

If you're not able to get into the doctors for a while, I strongly suggest ginger tablets or fresh ginger and kind of like soaking it in a tea, it works! Doesn't taste too great but it helps!

Good luck :)

Thanks everyone. I finally went into the doctor, unfortunately I waited until the only available option was the ER being that my doctor is closed on the weekend. I was dehydrated from all the vomiting, they hooked me up to an IV. I am feeling much better this morning. They also gave me a stronger prescription to help control the vomiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->