vomiting out mouth n nose?

richelle37

Reaction score
ive been pumpin milk lately but....when my LO was getting formula mostly...and ALWAYS burped between 1/2-1oz...several burps even...sometimes if laid down for diaper change shed throw up out her nose n mouth choking her id have to suction her nose to get her able to breathe. my dr says this happens...well...obviously but why? he says sit her upright a while after feeding...does help..but...whats causing it? any one have this happen? i do remember once it did with my now 19 year old but its scarey seeing your baby lookin like shes gonna choke to death an cant breathe,,,,,they told me with him it was reflux? but not sure with her... she didnt have these problems until increase in feedings as dr was concerned at birth she was 3pounds 4 1/2oz ate fine but wanted to slowly increase them...now 6weeks old shes takin bout 3-4oz pumped milk. if she eats n lies on my chest tho shes fine? only when laid on her back...N E IDEAS? :dohh:

Oliver has reflux and this happens. Apparently, the sphincter at the top of the stomach isn't fully formed yet, but he is growing out of it. He is on gaviscon and this really helps.

thanks for the reply i just wondered if anyone else goes thru this..its not as bad lately but it sure is stressful and scarey. i may ask my dr about that medicine because its not all the time but it terrifies me when it does happen altho ive been thru it before ha my youngest is 11 she never had those problems only my 19yr old did an goodness it seems forever ago:coffee:

Yep thats definitely reflux

Totally normal. My little girl who was also small at birth (4 lbs 7 oz) spit up through her mouth and nose. My pediatrician prescribed her something for it, it helped quite a bit.
It is pretty scary though.

Yeah that's reflux by the sounds of it. You usually notice it more as you increase their milk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->