Wait a week or take the Provera??

barkersgirl

Reaction score
I need some more opinions besides the ones in my head.

I'm on CD 35, and no signs of Aunt Flow. I had been averaging 26-28 Days. TTC for 1.5yrs Last month They started me on 1000 MG of Metformin a day. (to "help" with weight loss before they would even discuss clomid and my DH's test are cunducted) They said I'm ovulating my numbers are just very low. NOT diagnosed with anything other that "Loose weight"

fast forward to yesterday: I called them to ask if the Late cycle could be a side effect of the Metformin... (no weight loss experienced, no extra stress or explanation for missed period ) She said to take a HPT and they'd call in an RX for Prevera that I could take on CD 36 to force my period to start.

I had a short bout of Nausea Yesterday afternoon out of the blue. I took the HPT this morning and it was a BFN. Then this afternoon I've had more Nausea. (I'm not one to be "sick" to my stomach that way) No other symptoms...

So wait and retest or take the Provera???

That's a tough call - the safest thing to do would be call your Dr again and said you think you might be pregnant and have them run blood work. Let them rule out pregnancy then start Provera.

I'm not certain of the risks with Provera, but I'd guess it would possibly cause miscarriage since it brings on AF. Definitely rule out pregnancy first! I'm not sure if your doctor would prefer you to be at least 2 weeks late before running any blood tests (some refuse until then), but give them a call to find out. If they won't schedule you for a blood draw, give it a few days and test again until AF shows or they're willing to do a blood test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->