Waiting AFTER the TWW

allyanna

Reaction score
Oh my goodness.The TWW is a long, hard haul, but now I'm on the other side and STILL waiting! I'm just frustrated and wanted to know your experiences, once your period is late. Did it sometimes take a week or two to get a positive result?

My period is never late, plus I've had a lot of weird hormonal, PMS-ish symptoms (mild cramps in the lower and upper abdomen, plus a lot of nausea, for about a week or so) but no bleeding or even spotting. However, 2 pregnancy tests are negative so far.

I know I have reason to still be optimistic (if I give the HCG more time to build up) but it's all driving me nuts still. Anyone have any advice, or experiences to share hoping that their period is late for good reason?

Thanks!

P.S. Ive been reading this board for a while but never posted. But your discussions have always been so helpful to read.

Hi allyanna

Just wanted to say good luck and i hope you get a positive result soon - sometimes it can take a while to build up enough. xxx

Thanks, Hayley2! I'm trying to be patient and not get my hopes up too much. But I felt like my head would burst if I didn't share this with someone and my husband has had all he can take, I think. :)

Good luck - hard to wait when you're done with the 2ww... not over til AF shows !! :dust:

Thanks, DaisyBee. Very true. We've been trying for years, so you would think I could handle a wait of a couple days or even weeks, but I'm feeling really off-balance this time... desperate for an answer. Cautiously optimistic, but I don't want to feel cautious about it one of these days. :)

im 6 days late now!!!!!
tested 2 days ago :bfn:
I will test again friday.

it is annoying waiting i keep dashing the loo checking if the :witch: has arrived.

fingers crossed for us both hun xx

We had been trying 2 + years ourselves - so know what you mean :hugs: hope you get your bfp soon!

Fingers crossed for you, Tudor Rose. Thanks for sharing. Misery (and desperation) loves company!

Daisy Bee, thank you again. I hope your journey doesn't take as long as ours. 9 years now with no known infertility issues, but it just hasn't worked out. However, I started acupuncture this month and it had a dramatic effect on my luteal phase, so if this month doesn't work, I still plan on being hopeful for next cycle. :)

good luck for your bfp, do you know when you ovulated? xx

Hi Caz. I'm at 15 DPO, my luteal cycle is often a bit short, so I'm about 3 days late now. (Sorry, I should have mentioned that before!)

that is good, i would give it a couple of days and test again xx

i read it can take up to 16dpo to get an accurate result xx

Thanks, Caz81. It's weird, but my doctor also said yesterday that many of her patients don't test positive till almost 6 weeks, which is nearly 30 days DPO. Lord, that would be torture! Not that I'll complain if it finally happens, though. :)

Thanks for sending the positive thoughts. Much appreciated, believe me. I was needing them today. :)

Hey hun, you're not out of the game!

Guideline to hCG levels during pregnancy:

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

* 3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
* 4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
* 5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
* 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
* 7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
* 9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
* 13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
* 17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
* 25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
* Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
* Postmenopausal females: <9.5 mIU/ml

* These numbers are just a GUIDELINE-- every woman&#8217;s level of hCG can rise differently. It is not necessarily the level that matters but rather the change in the level.

Obviously if it's possible for the numbers to be so low so early on, then they wouldn't show up on a test that only detects 10 or 25mIU/ml, right?

Maybe if AF doesn't show soon you could get a blood test from your doctor?

Hi Lilaala. Thanks SO much for that HCG list. Very reassuring!

My doctor said that she can do a blood test, but unless there's some concern about my health or a possible child's (like an ectopic) she thinks I should wait a couple weeks. Since I'm healthy and demonstrating no alarming symptoms, I'll take her advice.

The other thing I was thinking today... I was pregnant once many years ago, and I didn't test positive for that pregnancy for 6 weeks, not by urine or blood tests. So maybe this is the same thing.

Of course, maybe I'm not pregnant at all and just rationalizing! Very possible. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->