Waiting for amniocentesis results - terrified

Cyan

Reaction score
I was given a 1/45 risk of down syndrome so opted to have the amniocentesis. That was done last Wednesday and I was told the rapid results would be back by today (Monday) but I haven't had a call. I tried to call them but there was no answer so presumably the results didn't arrive and they've now left for the day.

It's been such a stressful wait! My partner is currently deployed so I'm here on my own. I've spent the weekend madly googling and came across a suggestion that if the rapid results are positive they need to be retested which could delay the phonecall. Has anyone heard of this? Is it true??

I'm desperately trying to stop myself from panicking but I'm struggling. Has anyone else had delayed results? What was the outcome?

Hi, I'm really sorry you're having to go through this. When I had my amino, which tested positive for t18, I got my results the next morning. Nobody said anything about them having to be retested. I really hope you don't have to wait much longer and you get some good news x

Thank you for the reply and I'm so sorry for your very sad diagnosis. That must have been awful, I hope life is peaceful for you now.

I have so far been lucky - the initial results are clear. I'll still be on tenterhooks waiting for the full screen results, but for now at least I'm focusing on the positives.

Thank you again.

So sorry you are going through all this stress. To be honest, it's probably a good sign you haven't heard anything. They usually get results back with something that flags up sooner than normal results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->