Waiting for my cycle to return to normal

charliemeg

Waiting
Reaction score
:hi: Hey everyone. :hi:

I have been on the pill (cerazette) for about a year. I have come off it as it didnt agree with me and we are thinking of starting our family this time next year (fingers crossed). However my cycle changes from a 15 day cycle upto a 21 day cycle. when will this get back to normal? I am waiting to do natural family planning but cant GRRRRRRR:cry:

Hi charliemeg :wave:

I'm also waiting for my cycle to return to normal having had the Mirena coil for 6 months. I had it removed about 3 weeks ago and finally the bleeding stopped but am waiting for my period now so that we can use the natural family planning method.

As for being on the pill and your cycle returning to normal, it can take a few months for the hormone levels in your body to settle down and your cycle to regain some normality! Some women get their regular cycles back straight away but mostly it takes a while. Give it time :)

watch out as while your waiting for your cycle to get back to normal... you are still fertile. I had a 34 day cycle after coming off the pill but then got caught pregnant whilst waiting to see what my 2nd cycle would be. Unfortunately the pregnancy didn't work out so now i'm waiting again for my 2nd cycle... being a woman hay!!!! the things we have to put up with. Good luck - hope your cycle gets into a normal routine quickly for you.

Fertile? I was told I would be ok for the first 3 months of coming off the pill as it will still be in my system. Oh no will have to be extra careful now

I came off the pill in September and had my first proper af bang on time the next month. Waiting to see if it's on time again next month and I'm due to more cycles before we ttc. It seems everyone is different and some people's cycles come back quickly, others have to wait months and you don't know until you go through the process. Good luck to you :)

PS. You should definitely use alternative contraceptive if you don't want to risk falling pg straight away.

I will use a different form as I am ready to get pregnant but hubby isnt and I dont think it fair on him if I do fall pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->