Waiting for TTC after first miscarriage

HopeAlways

Grieving again
Reaction score
I have recently m/c and we have decided to try again as soon as possible. My MD gave me the go ahead to start trying once one full cycle as passed. I am anxiously awaiting this first cycle to see how my body is reacting to the m/c. After going off the pill in April my cycles were usually 26 or 27 days. We decided to try in September and we got pregnant right away. We thought it was too good to be true and it was. ;-( It will be very interesting to see if my cycle goes back to the same or changes. The waiting is just crazy but I need to stay patient and try to be stress-free. Did anyone ever receive advice from their MD about how much time should lapse before trying again? My MD said just one month but I have read others say their MD told them at least 3 months. My exam showed no physical abnormalities of my body and I was told the baby died because or unavoidable natural causes such as genetic abnormalities or issues with the placenta/umbilical cord. I was 10 weeks along but the ultrasound showed the baby died at 8 weeks. This would be right around the critical development of placenta/umbilical cord. My body held on to the baby for 2 weeks than I started to spot. The MD thought the spotting was caused by recent intercourse but the ultrasound proved her wrong. This was shocking since at 6 1/2 weeks the ultrasound showed a fetal pole and visible heartbeat. We were told my fertility is not an issue and we shouldn't fear about miscarrying again. (easier said than done) I would appreciate any advice for those going through or have gone through the same thing.
:help:

Hello!! I kinda am in the same boat! I am actually still in the process of a m/c. My Ob wants to see me in two weeks to look at things and make sure my body is ready to try again for a baby!! I misscaried at 6 weeks and it was my first, and I was very devestated. I agree that the waiting is the worst, I dont like feeling like this and am very ready to try again!! Not sure what advice I can give but just know your not alone! Just keep your head up!

Hi, I've been through two mc now in last 6 months and yeah the waiting is a pain! My first mc I was only 6 weeks gone but bled for 5 weeks and got my first af 9 weeks after mc. Second time round I was also 6 weeks gone but bled for 4 days and got my af 4 weeks after bleeding stopped. I think everyone is different, but also every mc is different. I personally think when your body is ready to move on and try again you'll get your af. It's so frustrating though isn't it! Take care hun, sorry for your loss x

Hey there- am totally in the same boat!! I had an ERPC 6 weeks ago, we think I was about 7 weeks when I lost the LO and like you had previously seen the heartbeat. It was our first month at TTC and so like you kinda thought it was too good to be true. I bled for about 4 days afterwards and am now awaiting my AF or fingers crossed I will ovulate but have no idea what is coming first or when. It's so frustrating and I totally get what you are going through. I was advised by the DR at the hospital to wait at least 1 cycle before trying again, however when I spoke to my own doctor she said there was absolutely no reason to wait, it was purely for dating purposes. We have decided to just go for it, but it's whatever works best for you.

S xx

Thanks for thoughts girls. We will definitely see what happens. I have already started to chart my temps again and already bought an OPK kit for next month. Funny story, I won $50 at our work Christmas party so we immediately went to the store and bought the kit. We are hoping it's a lucky one! My body is usually good at bouncing back but it has never gone through this before. I don't know how I feel about actively trying once the bleeding spots but we will see how it goes. It has been 11 days since the m/c and I am still bleeding but only slightly. It seems to have gotten to a steady point of only mild bleeding. I just want it to stop b/c its just a reminder of what happened but I totally respect the body doing what it needs to do. It is so hard wondering what your body will do and when to expect AF again. My cycles were usually 26-27 days. I will be so happy if that happens again. If all goes well I should be using our new OPK in the middle to end of January. Sounds like far away though.

I have all you girls in my thoughts and prayers. It is great to know there are others out there just like me. I am sorry we all have to go through these horrible experiences. I never thought something could be this tough and yet here I am. I am taking it just one hour at a time right now. Trying to be patient, have faith and believe. I know there is a little angle out there for all of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->