Waiting in Maternity Triage - not a good start to third tri :(

suzzle

Waiting to meet baby no.3
Reaction score
Not feeling very well today, had blurred vision & been a bit short of breath for the last few days, but generally ok. Became soooo dizzy this morning & it wouldn't go away even after I sat down and had a cold drink of apple juice. Ended up with palpitations too so decided to call maternity triage & they said to come in. Think the palpitations could be anxiety, but just urgh :(

Hope you are feeling better soon and it passes. xxx

:hugs: hope youre ok and triage isnt too busy

Thanks for your kind wishes everyone :hugs:

Four hours I was there for, it was horrible waiting about when I am feeling so crappy. On a more positive note our little man is totally fine :cloud9:

I'm anaemic (again!) and thankfully it's been noted this time - almost had to have a transfusion with DS1 because no-one was reviewing my bloods!

So I'm now a walking bloody pharmacy, 4 x 30/500 co-codamol a day for SPD, 3 x 200 ferrous sulphate, 200mg ascorbic acid & 5mg folic acid a day for anaemia. Have my 28 week appt. with my consultant on Monday so no doubt I'll get my blood checked again.

Was told to stop taking pregnancy vits, but worried LO won't be getting enough vit D. Does anyone have any thoughts :shrug:

Thanks again for your kind words x

Thanks for your kind wishes everyone :hugs:

Four hours I was there for, it was horrible waiting about when I am feeling so crappy. On a more positive note our little man is totally fine :cloud9:

I'm anaemic (again!) and thankfully it's been noted this time - almost had to have a transfusion with DS1 because no-one was reviewing my bloods!

So I'm now a walking bloody pharmacy, 4 x 30/500 co-codamol a day for SPD, 3 x 200 ferrous sulphate, 200mg ascorbic acid & 5mg folic acid a day for anaemia. Have my 28 week appt. with my consultant on Monday so no doubt I'll get my blood checked again.

Was told to stop taking pregnancy vits, but worried LO won't be getting enough vit D. Does anyone have any thoughts :shrug:

Thanks again for your kind words x
Hi, hope you feel better soon and am glad that ur lo is ok. You will be ratling with all those meds! As for the pregnancy vits I wouldnt worry as long as ur eating a balanced diet. I stopped mine at 12 weeks with DD and this one, and Its not doing either any harm x

Hope u feel better soon, glad they found out what was wrong and baby is ok xx

As for vit d :) Get out and in the sun for 10 mins a day before 11 or after 4pm with your face and arms bared (or longer with just your face) and you hopefully will get enough (assuming you have sun!)

As for vit d :) Get out and in the sun for 10 mins a day before 11 or after 4pm with your face and arms bared (or longer with just your face) and you hopefully will get enough (assuming you have sun!)

This totally made me lol, thank you! I live in Scotland, and as if that wasn't bad enough, it's mid-November. Just imagining my neighbours faces if they saw me out sunbathing! :haha:

Glad that everything is ok, and you got checked out :)

I'm pretty sure dairy products and fish are good sources of Vitamin D?

Hmm I don't think any dairy products in the UK are fortified with vitamin D... the only good food sources of vitamin D I know of are oily fish (best source by far) and eggs.

Sadly we can't synthesise vitamin D from the sun in winter months at all. :( The UK is too far north so the sun is too low.

If you're concerned maybe you could ask about taking a separate vitamin D supplement?

Hmm I don't think any dairy products in the UK are fortified with vitamin D... the only good food sources of vitamin D I know of are oily fish (best source by far) and eggs.

Sadly we can't synthesise vitamin D from the sun in winter months at all. :( The UK is too far north so the sun is too low.

If you're concerned maybe you could ask about taking a separate vitamin D supplement?

Yeah, that seems to ring a few bells and probably explains why pregnant women are advised to take supplements!

I feel a bit better about it now, hopefully consultant will clarify on Monday :D

Just saw your post now, glad you got everything checked out. This exact thing happened to me, except the darn doctors in the emergency room didn't check it. When This has been happening to me for about 5 weeks, landed in the emergency room and overnight in the hospital, still didn't catch it. When I went for my 30wk check up Thursday, I told her I was tired of it happening and wanted answers, sent me for blood work, and voila low iron anemia. Now on 650mg a day and hoping this well help.

As for Vit D, I would ask your doctor about it, I know we have fortified vitamin D in our milk and cheese here in the states, I can't take the vitamins since they make me sick and have been since 12 weeks. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->