Waiting to decide whether or not for a 3rd child

CandiceSj

Reaction score
Is anyone else waiting to figure out whether or not?

A month ago, I would've said my family was closed. I'm happy with my 2 kids and it definitely feels right for us right now.

We just had a pregnancy scare and I stressed out about it, just wishing that I wasn't with all my being. Then I accepted that if I was, we'd be having a 3rd child. Then just before taking the test that told me I wasn't pregnant, it was more than just "accepting" and I guess part of me wanted it. It definitely opened my mind to the possibility of a third, and opened the conversation with my husband, who has always wanted more children.

I'm not specifically WTT - I haven't made up my mind or else I'd probably just be trying now. I'm definitely waiting though... Just for more clarity on this. More and more, I feel like we will be trying for a third... So I'm waiting until it becomes clear that we should and will.

Is anyone in the same boat?

I'm in the same boat. Have 2 boys 1 and 2 next month. A condom spilt on us last week took the morning after pill, the more I thought about it the more I kinda wanted it to fail. AF arrived this morning 10 days early. In a way it was a relief, we can't afford a 3rd right now, but it's made me realise I'm not done having children. Not sure what hubby wants, one minute he wouldn't mind more the next he doesn't

Hi, I am in the same boat. I have two boys. Dh has agreed to try for a third at the end of May. I am constantly thinking about when I will be pregnant, when i'd be due but at the same time thinking if I am up for the sleepless nights all over again and the nappies and the extra expense. My ds's are 6 and 3.

That definitely sounds a lot like us! DD is 7, DS is 3.

At this point I'm even worried about the hell I went through pregnant and working and if I even want to deal with that again. My mother in law lives with us part of the year so really she would be helpful, probably taking care of a bunch of chores and the kids if I need a nap or I'm having a hard time.
I worry about not giving enough of my time to the other kids because of being preoccupied with a new baby, I worry about financial aspect a lot because we want to save for a house. Two is a well-balanced number, I wonder how 3 would be. The only person close to me with 3 kids has an older daughter now 13 from a previous relationship and the other two kids from another dad, her current husband (3 and 5), so adding her third was a little bit like adding a 2nd in some ways.

Hi, I am in the same boat. I have two boys. Dh has agreed to try for a third at the end of May. I am constantly thinking about when I will be pregnant, when i'd be due but at the same time thinking if I am up for the sleepless nights all over again and the nappies and the extra expense. My ds's are 6 and 3.

my hubby has just informed me he doesn't know if he wants more (knew that anyway) but he wants to wait till our youngest is 4 before deciding if we'll have more, that's going to be a very hard 3 years.

He may come round to the idea little steph. Candice I definetly relate to you, me and my husband used to live with my Mil too. Having extra support is always a good thing. Have you set a ttc date? I noticed your little boys birthday is Nov 2011 what date is it? My youngest is the 22nd.

Sorry just re-read your post and noticed you haven't decided a ttc date yet. Ours is the end of May.

You sound a lot like me. My boys are the same ages and in a way it feels like going a long way backwards having a baby again but I can't seem to get the idea out my head!

I keep wishing we could try sooner so I can't over think think things. But dh doesn't want another October, November baby. I see you are trying soon?

my hubby has just informed me he doesn't know if he wants more (knew that anyway) but he wants to wait till our youngest is 4 before deciding if we'll have more, that's going to be a very hard 3 years.

I enjoyed my 4.5 year difference between my two kids! It could work out really nicely. :)

I am also in the same boat as you ladies. I cannot decide if I want a 3rd or not. A month ago I was eager to get pregnant again, and I did, but sadly it ended in a miscarriage, but I haven't felt the need to TTC straight away again. DH said he definitely wants a 3rd, but I am not so sure. Some days I do and other days I say "hell no! There is no way I can handle another!" I'm so up and down, I really am not sure where which way to go, even though we've put off TTC again in June. I have a ticker, and it's 4 months away, so maybe my mind would have changed by then

You have a Nora too! What a LOVELY name!!!

I definitely didn't feel ready for another child when mine were younger than 3, so I know that overwhelmed "Could I even handle another?" feeling. Mine was so strong I literally had no desire whatsoever for another child until they were 3, both times lol

Sounds like waiting a little is the right call. You'll see how you feel with time.

I am also in the same boat as you ladies. I cannot decide if I want a 3rd or not. A month ago I was eager to get pregnant again, and I did, but sadly it ended in a miscarriage, but I haven't felt the need to TTC straight away again. DH said he definitely wants a 3rd, but I am not so sure. Some days I do and other days I say "hell no! There is no way I can handle another!" I'm so up and down, I really am not sure where which way to go, even though we've put off TTC again in June. I have a ticker, and it's 4 months away, so maybe my mind would have changed by then

I keep wishing we could try sooner so I can't over think think things. But dh doesn't want another October, November baby. I see you are trying soon?

We are trying soon but I took a long time to conceive previously so I don't think it will happen quickly. We are however waiting to avoid another September baby :)

I know what you're saying.

We've got 2. We know our family isn't complete, but we are debating whether a third child would be practical or not. A third child could mean a bigger house and car!

You have a Nora too! What a LOVELY name!!!

I definitely didn't feel ready for another child when mine were younger than 3, so I know that overwhelmed "Could I even handle another?" feeling. Mine was so strong I literally had no desire whatsoever for another child until they were 3, both times lol

Sounds like waiting a little is the right call. You'll see how you feel with time.

Thank you! Yes I love the name Nora, it's such a sweet name, and fits her perfectly!

Well, over the last few weeks I've decided to focus on other things in my life for the time being, I have started to eat healthy and am working out at the gym 5 days, a week but not simply to lose the rest of the baby weight I had gained with my son that never went away, but to live a healthy, more active lifestyle. I have actually come to love it! I feel stronger, more energetic, less stressed, and am even getting better sleep. I will also be working on making modern updates to our family home, and just enjoying the freedom of not having an infant attached to me or my breast 24/7 now that my LO's are more independent, walking, playing together, and sleeping throughout the night.

I have never ever been toned in my life, so that is my current goal atm, and once I get there, I think I may like to enjoy having a totally flat and sexy stomach at least for a little while :haha:

I was in the exact same situation.
I thought I was done...and my poor man wanted more so bad.
slowly I had been thinking about it. Then a pregnancy scare got my hopes up and I was devastated with BFNs and the eventual return of AF.
Ever since then its been baby, baby, baby on my mind!
Although I still want to wait for a bigger house! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->