Waiting to tell DS about pregnancy.

mummy2o

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I've decided to wait until at least the end of 2nd trimester and 3rd trimester to tell DS that I'm pregnant. I've had family relatives moaning that I should tell him sooner. My argument is he has a very limited concept of time. He understands as much as today, tomorrow or next week. Anything longer than that is beyond him.

Not only that that we're not 100% sure how much he actually understands. I believe he understands more than he lets on and is known to run rings around his teachers at time as he has a cheeky personality. But something like this is a bit more different. Its a life changing thing.

For the last 6 almost 7 years he's been an only child and then having a sibling is going to be a big adjustment for him. I do want to wait until we find out the sex as it will be easier to explain that he's going to have a brother and will be prepared for a boy and vice verse for a girl.

Think I just need reassurance that waiting will be the right thing since so many are telling me differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->