Waiting to Try........a new wannabe mummy!

CharlieGirl

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Me and my OH are hoping to TTC in August or there abouts. Would love u guys to chat to and hekp/advice me, and hopefully I can return the favour!
Im 24, and desperate to be a mummy! I'll be coming off the pill at the end of July and have heard many things that i should wait for 3 months before trying or that i should just go for it, as its when ur most fertile?! Help!! I dont want to wait.......It'll be too long away!

Cx:happydance:

Start taking your folic acid now.

A few people around were told by their doctor to start straight away because they are extra fertile the first month off the pill

Thanks, I have been taking it for about 6 weeks already! every little helps. I was hoping to start straight away, i guess I'll just wait and see!

Hey hun
I would start taking Folic acid know.
Some people get pregnant straight away after coming off the pill and for others it takes longer hun. Fingers crossed you wont have to wait long
x

Heya,

I'm really hoping i'll be a lucky one that gets caught straight away! Its taken a while for the OH to come round to the idea of TTC, so I'm getting impatient. AM glad found u guys, someone to ramble on to about babies etc, without driving OH mad!!:rofl:

xx

hello! Welcome to WTT :) well done on getting started on the folic acid. The main reason people suggest waiting a bit when you come off the pill is so you can determine your dates if you get pregnant. But really it's up to you. They'd be able to determine your dates at your scan anyway, so if you feel ready, just go for it :) x

Hi there!

Thats what a few ppl have said to me, but I'm thinking we'll just go for it and see!
xx

Heyy welcome to WTT!

I'd be like you, just want to get on with it! hahaha i hope ur time goes quickly :D

xxxx

:hi:
Think i'm giving myself 6 months to get my periods back cos the pill really ruins my cycles :( I'm stopping the pill in December and just hoping that everything goes right :lol:

Hi CharlieGirl,

It's confusing isn't it?! There's conflicting advice all over the net.
Some say: You should wait until after first 'real' period, as when you are on some pills eg. microgynan it stops the womb lining from thickening so if you were to conceive, it has less chance of sticking as womb lining not thick enough to support.
Others say you should start right away and that doctors made up 3 month wait to predict due date of baby as can work out from cycles when you most likely ovulated.

I chose to come off pill early, to regulate my periods and get to know my cycles before trying. It's been a learning curve - with some cycles lasting over 50 days! Makes you think you are pregnant when you're not!! I've also started temping, and charting.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

Welcome CharlieGirl! I know what you mean about just wanting to get started. I am hoping we're going to start trying in September which my mind tells me isn't all that far away but my heart says September seems forever away!

Good luck if you decide to go for it in August - or whenever you decide to! :D

Hi StarGirl,

Im on Microgynon, and to be honest havent been to the docs to see what they say, they'll say wait and thats not what i want to hear! Want to just get started straight away. I'm just hoping I'll be as regular as I am now on the pill, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Blob, that sounds sensible, but im just too damn impatient!! I dont want to go TTC mad and make it all seem stressful as that'll stress me out majorly and make it harder im sure!!

xxx

Hi DeeDee, We've only really been discussing TTC the last couple of months, but we've been together 4 yrs now so it just seems right! Will it be ur first? It will be ours and im dead excited! hoping a BFP wont be to far away! August seems a million miles away, but 6 weeks will son fly by!
xx

I started trying straight away after I came off the pill and it took me 5 months to get my BFP so I'd just start straight away if I was you. Good luck!!!

x

Hi CharlieGirl,

It's confusing isn't it?! There's conflicting advice all over the net.
Some say: You should wait until after first 'real' period, as when you are on some pills eg. microgynan it stops the womb lining from thickening so if you were to conceive, it has less chance of sticking as womb lining not thick enough to support.
Others say you should start right away and that doctors made up 3 month wait to predict due date of baby as can work out from cycles when you most likely ovulated.

I chose to come off pill early, to regulate my periods and get to know my cycles before trying. It's been a learning curve - with some cycles lasting over 50 days! Makes you think you are pregnant when you're not!! I've also started temping, and charting.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

I've come off the pill 6 months early too, just finished my last pill induced AF, watch this space, we'll see what happens! I've been on the pill for nearly 15 yrs, so am feeling a little anxious right now! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->