Waiting until after smear to start NTNP?

Hey, you don't have to wait 6 months after having a baby to have a smear- I had mine 12 weeks after giving birth. You might find someone gave you wrong information or that it is just usual procedure at your doctors surgery but you don't have to stick to it. If I were you I'd give them a call and explain you're wanting to start NTNP and can you get an earlier appointment. You could also arrange to have one done at your local family planning clinic as well.

There is a recommended 6 month wait after having a baby before trying for another- maybe look into it and just check out some of the research and potential risks of having two so close- apparently it's because the woman's body is depleted in lots of essentials the new baby would need while developing. If you've mentioned wanting to try when trying to book your smear that might be why you've been told to wait.

Anyway, it's your choice of course. Smears are very important, I probably wouldn't be here today had I not had my first one 7 years ago. You're absolutely doing the right thing in waiting till you've had it- I've just done the same as I had mine last week :)

Good luck :)

Glad I could help :) Best of luck with everything :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->