Waking up engorged

DaisyDreamer

mama to a beautiful boy
Reaction score
:wave: hi ladies

My LO is 13 weeks and for the past two nights I have woken engorged in my left breast (really I woke up in a puddle of my own milk dripping out of that breast). Usually my left has oversupply/OALD anyway

Last night he slept I think 6-7 hrs straight, AKA only woke once for a diaper change and by that time it was light out (around5:20 AM)

I can pump to ease the engorgement but I'm really paranoid about my supply now. Has this/does this happen to anyone else? TIA

I had this almost every night ... And in the day ... Until my baby was about 18 weeks old. After that everything settled, even the speed of my way too strong let downs and random let downs when he wasn't even feeding or due a feed etc.

Could just try hand expressing a little bit off if you wake up uncomfortable rather than express until 'empty' and your body may get used to his new feeding pattern and fill you up at the point he previously would have fed. Just watch out for signs of a blocked duct as if that happens you will have to fully express until it clears.

I am no expert thou, that is just what I did when my little man started going longer in the night and my boobs went even crazier!

Thanks twinmum I do express with a handpump until soft. Then promptly feed LO on that breast.

I've noticed that it takes longer for the bottom part of my breast to empty so the top will feel soft but the bottom is harder.

Block ducts, is that indicated by pain?

Usually blocked ducts are uncomfortable then become quite sore. I used to wake up almost daily either soaking or so engorged. I use a manual pump so would use it until i was comfortable and if my little guy was up id feed him. If not id wait until he woke to bed fed. My let down, even now, is strong so often have to express a little before feeding otherwise my son just gags and squirms. I also found that to clear blocked ducts underneath i had to lean over to feed or express.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->