walkers

isil

Reaction score
Alasdair has been given a walker by my OH's parents.

I was pretty much against them as I've read that they delay walking.

But...Alasdair loves it. He doesn't move it in (I'm quite glad about that) yet.

Does anyone know is it better if I lower it so his feet are flat on the ground or is he better to be touching the floor with his tiptoes?

And does anyone have any opinions on them? Am I a terrible mother for letting him go in it?

I don't keep my baby in his for anywhere near the recommended maximum of 20 mins; he would be in his 10 mins tops and not even every day.

I always lower it so his feet touch the floor as I thought he might strain himself stretching to touch the floor otherwise, don't know if this is right thing to do or not, never thought about doing it any other way until I read your post.....

ive read if they are on there tip toes in it, that can delay walking because they try to wslk on there tip toes.... i would have his feet flat,xx

maddi has a walker and an activity station that she can run round in and she loves them and seems to get on really well with them, i actually find them really good :blush: x

edit - yes maddi has flat feet in them x

Chloe got one yesterday but it is on blocks rather than wheels so she doesnt 'walk'! I have her feet as flat as she will let me- bloody jumperoo has them on tip toes doesnt it!!

thanks everyone - flat feet it is! Ally's arrived yesterday Amy, Chloe and Ally are being twinny again! I'm really glad that other people have them too and it's not just me lol. We can't really afford one of those jumperoo thingies so this is the closest we'll get. Well that and the door bouncer!

I had one also, I always had Olivias feet flat on the floor init too. Olivia didnt spend much time in her as to be honst she hated it as soon as she could crawl :dohh:

Any way Olivia started walking at 12.5 months which I wouldnt class as behind really

x

thanks Stef, I read some stupid statistic which said something similar to it delays walking by 3 days for every 10 hrs in the walker. I don't even know how they figured out that statistic. I think I need to stop reading stuff.

I definitel don't think Olivia was a late walker lol. I hope Ally doesn't crawl too soon - it'll be a waste if he does!

off topic though - those door bouncers are excellent! maddi loves hers as she can 'walk' all around, i think sometimes she loves it as much as her jumerpoo :) x

Alasdair likes to sit by his door bouncer and play with it. Almost as much as he likes to be in it lol.

we cant have a door bouncer but Chloe hasd one at nanny's, just stands in it though!!

Stop reading!!! These statistics do more harm than good, they mess with your head!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->