Walking? At what age?

onedaysoon

Reaction score
Hi,
Im new to the forums and just wondered when your LO's started walking? Our daughter is 15 months old and still not walking...she cruises round the furniture and will stand on her feet but wont let go and walk yet :wacko:

She didnt crawl till the week before her 1st birthday so maybe she will be later walking aswell then?

Thanks!

I think it varies greatly from child to child. That's what my mom has always told us at least. I'm sure your LO will be walking soon :hugs:

Yeah it definately varies. Nicole started walking at 10 months, my nephew who is one next month isnt walking yet. All babies are different, some dont crawl etc...

I use to work in a nursery with the under 2s & we had babies that didnt walk till after they were 18months. It can vary from around 10months to nearly two depending on the child. The same goes for speech!!

Hope this makes you feel a little better!! One day she'll just let go & that'll be it! :)

Yep, it really does vary. My brother started walking at 8 and a half months (my mum says it was a nightmare!), but my friend's son did not start walking properly until he was nearly 2. I think their character has a lot to do with it, as my brother was very nosy and into everything, whereas the friend's son was very lazy and content just to sit still. It doesn't really make any difference in the long run though, by the time they are about 3 they've all caught up. I'm sure your daughter will be walking soon. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->