Walking, not crawling?

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
Has anyone ever known a baby that walked and didn't crawl?

Colton loves to stand up.. and I know it will probably be awhile still before he learns to walk, but he is starting to get his balance better. He has been able to pull himself up (holding fingers) for awhile now, and with every passing week his balance seems to get better and better.
However, he shows no interest in crawling AT ALL! He wont even lay on his belly for 5 minutes. He always wants to sit/stand.
I just have a gut feeling that he will be walking and just skip crawling. Seem possible?

It's definately possible.. but that's exactly how Ryan was at Colton's age. He's always been very strong on his legs and his feet, and he used to HATE being on his stomach with a passion. My HV kept saying to give him 'tummy-time' but he'd scream every time I put him down. He got better when he started rolling though. He'd still scream if we put him on his tummy, but if he got there himself he was alright - though wouldn't stay there long. I always said he wouldn't crawl.. but he started a couple of weeks ago, so you never know! x

Mikey went from rolling to pulling himself up. He crawled after he walked. Fun starts soon!! Hehe x

Colton will roll.. from his back to his belly. He cant roll tummy to back yet though because once he gets on his belly he will sit for 2-3 minutes and then cry.
We've been putting him in his walker and he will go backwards, not forward yet though.

He is also very strong on his legs. His arms are like jelly though :dohh: He dont even push himself up with his arms when on his belly! He will pick his head up enough to look around and thats it.

I think Caitlin was a slowy as far as crawling went but I think shes gonna be quick on here feet - shes always loved it always been strong on her legs from very young and has quickly got the hang of pulling herself up :D

my daughter never crawled she walked first, then didnt look back lol

now the fun starts

h x

I never crawled and I think Jack is going the same way as he is standing up for a few seconds on his own and actually pulling himself up :S

Thanks guys. I didn't know anyone that walked and never crawled first.
I just dont want Colton to get behind. I know all babies learn at different times, but he has never been interested on being on his belly. And with him not even trying to even push himself up off his chest, I was worried he would fall behind.
At least now I know that he still could learn to walk without crawling first! :D

I never crawled, i walked first so its possible

xxx

callum is the same although he is starting to crawl a little bit, he would much rather be on his feet. he's pulling himself up onto furniture and walking around it, so dont think it'll be long before he's walking.

Some babies do seem to skip the crawling stage! Apparently my brother did and so did his daughter :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->