Walking to induce labor?

Christinee

Reaction score
So the only way I am going to get out of a c-section is if I go into labor on my own by March 9th. Does anyone know if walking a lot works? I'm planning on going for at least an hour tonight.

It's supposed to help, but I don't think it'll do much if you're not already getting ready to go, you know? What else are you trying?

It's supposed to help, but I don't think it'll do much if you're not already getting ready to go, you know? What else are you trying?

Nothing yet...... My friend said her water broke after going on an hour and a half walk. I am hoping I get so lucky. lol

My midwives suggested evening primrose oil - it's supposed to be great for ripening the cervix. It's easy, non-invasive, and probably more likely to get things moving than just walking, but talk to your doctor first. Or if you really feel like getting creative without getting the go ahead from your ob, get cooking! https://www.scalinis.com/main-babies.html

It did nothing for me first time round. 2nd time I had a slow leak on my waters and it was trickling whilst I vacuumed. So vacuuming may be worth a try?! X

Yeah walking helps, gravity. The more you walk the more the gravity will make a baby move down, so very brisk long walks can help.

Don't think Walking hurts but it didn't work for me first time round and I was walking 3 miles back from a hilly hospital every other day (and bouncing as I did so) and on top of that walking an hour a day.... still got induced! This time I'm going to try move house and bounce on a ball with my toddler...

Lots of walking. Bouncing on a ball. Scrubbing the floors. Sex etc

The gravity should bring the head right down and help put pressure on your cervix to dilate. It will only work if you're ready though x

Yeah I started to get painful Braxton hicks, after walking loads last week, I asked the question to the midwife and she said if your already having Braxton hicks then walking can bring on contractions so she's told me to take it easy until closer to the end 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->