Wall decals...

Babushka

Reaction score
I'm usually very against using stickers or putting baby's name on the wall but I have seen a couple of display photos in magazines where decals have been used & they looked really good.

I'd love to hear people's opinions on them. Do they look good in real life or do they look cheap and tacky?

i thought they would look tacky but i ordered one ages ago for my room to give it a go and it looks amazing :) i have cream walls and ordered a gold one. im a fan of them and will be getting one for the babys room

Im a fan too. I recently decorated my girls room (bribary for swapping rooms :haha: ) and it looks gorgeous... so grown up and girly

I have (grown-up) wall stickers in my living room and I love then. In fact, some people have asked if they are wallpaper, so you can't really tell that they are stickers. We plan on using stickers in the nursery too.

Edit: just found a pic from when we had newly decorated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 33
I really like them, plus being in rented accomadation we felt that we couldnt properly redecorate nursery so we did one wall in lilac/blue/cream stripes and then on the other walls we have decals of butterflies, flowers, leaves amd dragonflies, it looks so nice and not tacky at all. Brilliant thing is when or if we move we can just peel them off and then dont leave marksnon the wall xxx

I am going to be putting them up in my nursery once the painting is all done. I'm just nervous that if I ever want to take it down that its going to mess up the walls and I'll have to repaint. Anyone have experience removing them?

I have them in the nursery, just be careful not to put any in arms reach of bubs. My 3 year old pulled a bunch down. They really make the room look finished, because we aren't able to paint

It depends on what's done with them, or what the decal is of. For a kids room, I actually feel like they're a good idea, as they can't get knocked off the wall and broken.

As far as putting their name up, again, it all depends on how it's done. Personally, I'm working on cross-stitching mine's initials and each will be framed separately and put up somewhere.

I like the look of them but worry how adhesive they would be, especially as we have textured lining paper on our nursery wall.

If they were near a radiator would they start to peel?

We did a tweety bird theme in the nursery and I used them as well as wording wall decals. We got so many compliments on the nursery, and I absolutely love them. The wording decals were a bit of a pain to put up until I got it down to a science (the letters are all separate), but the others were a breeze to put up and can be moved easily.

I am going to be putting them up in my nursery once the painting is all done. I'm just nervous that if I ever want to take it down that its going to mess up the walls and I'll have to repaint. Anyone have experience removing them?

For the most part, they are meant to be easily removed, some are even reusable. Double check the packaging, I would assume it would state whether they are or not.

Iv found them really easy to remove and left no marks xx

Ive just recently removed one to make way for a new one for the babys room. It left no mess at all i was quite suprised i thought it would have taken at least some paint off but nothing at all!

I love wall decals we are in an apartment and since we are planning in moving in a year and 1/2 they are beautiful and we won't have to repaint the walls

i love my wall stickers, i have 'guess how much i love you' on my nursery walls. they are easily removed and we moved house and stuck them to tracing paper and then re-used them at the new house

https://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/lottibunny/IMG_1415.jpg

I love our wall decal sticker. People think that we painted it. You can get some really cute ones on etsy.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 8
I love ours! The tree is decals but the name is wooden painted letters.

Attachments

• 941184_632856563396871_1043421368_n.jpg
    941184_632856563396871_1043421368_n.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 183189_632856616730199_1948407909_n.jpg
    183189_632856616730199_1948407909_n.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads