Want #2 but no period yet

Ashley25

Reaction score
My daughter will be 7 months and I am exclusively pumping about 5 times per day. I pump at 11:30pm and then not until 6:30am. I tried to sleep through the night in hopes of getting my period back but 2 months later and still no period.

I hope to continue breastfeeding for another 2 months but I really would like to get my period back for peace of mind. I have heard sometimes whenn getting your period back, your first few cycles you may not ovulate so I would like to have everything back on track so we can try for baby #2 in the summer or fall.

Any insight or advice would be awesome!! Thank you!!!

I took black cohosh right after weaning my son @ 9 months, and I got AF within 2 days! I'm not sure if it's safe to take while BF, but it's worth researching! Good luck! xx

I think that I just got my first pp period and my son is 13 months old. I say that I think because it was pretty light and my periods after my first child were heavy and worse, so light periods were surprising. In any case, I had been getting ewcm so started doing opks but never got a positive and had ewcm disappear and come back a couple times so think ovulation was trying but unsuccessful, another reason I'm not sure if I actually got a period or anovulatory break through bleed. Still breastfeeding and don't plan to stop. Cycles are tricky, especially when breastfeeding and wanting to try again! There are a lot of stories and experiences in the breastfeeding forum in the sticky near the top designated for moms breastfeeding and wanting to get pregnant. You should check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->