Want a d&c after 15w loss...is this doable??

jainabean5

Reaction score
I miscarried at 15w5d and found out at 18w5d. I REALLY want a D&C (I know I can't emotionally deal with induced labor, and I know I can't see her.)

Have any of you had D&C's late? Experiences? Opinions? Advice? I'm scared of complications like Asherman's, so I'd like to have an ultrasound guided D&C...don't know if that's even possible. I live in wyoming and no one in my town will do a D&C, so I have to go to a clinic in Salt Lake. Is it possible to call a hospital in SLC and ask if they could do the D&C? I'm extremely afraid of bleeding since my placenta is very large. I'm also nervous because I've been very inactive during this pregnancy due to a subchorionic hematoma very early on. Will my heart be OK with anesthesia? I'm also a huge worrier/scaredy cat haha.

This will be my third miscarriage although the other 2 were very early. 6 weeks and 4 weeks. We were so hopeful with this one. My heart goes out to all of you who have lost babies.

Thanks in advance for your help! XO

Jana

Im so sorry for your loss its heartbreaking. Sorry i cant really offer any advice about the D&C - i lost my baby at 20 weeks and was told there was no way i could have a D&C because the baby would be too big. Im sure ive read that ladies on here have lost babies at around 15 weeks and had D&Cs though. I suppose you can always ring another hospital and get a second opinion but just be prepared that they may not allow it. i felt like you, i felt like that there was no way i could go through a labour and i couldnt see my baby. I was screaming at the nurses that making me go through a labour is just evil but now im happy i met my son. Sending you lots of hugs. xx

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I think at this point what is called a D&E is most likely done, cause the baby is to big for a D&C. I lost my Ava at 20 weeks and I refused the D&E I gave birth to her and that was what I wanted/ If I was you I would call my doctor and ask him/them about the D&C or the D&E, they should have told you what was/ has to be done. D&E is performed under anesthesia. I pray you get some guidance on this and please don't be afraid I am sure your heart will be fine under anesthesia. A choice needs to be made soon.
XOXOOX :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I had one last December at about 15-16 weeks as here in South Africa they do not do D&E's (I have no idea why - as that is what I had asked for). My doctors did say that it would be a lot harder for them to do a D&C at that late stage but the procedure went ok. It was also my third loss. Be strong, and I'm here if you want to chat!

Sorry for your loss! I lost my twins at 7. weeks 5 days and they said that they could not do anything as it can cause scaring meaning that with the next pregnancy there is a higher risk of another miscarriage so as hard as it was it was a better choice.. really think about what you want as d&e and d&c can come with long term problems.. best of luck.x

I lost my daughter at 16 weeks 6 days, but her heart had stopped a few days earlier and I had a D&E as that is all that was offered to me. When I found out I could have delivered her I have been living in devastation ever since knowing I could have held her and seen her even if just for a second :(

There were no complications and I healed just fine physically, but emotionally, I would have preferred the induction :(

I lost my daughter at 16 weeks 6 days, but her heart had stopped a few days earlier and I had a D&E as that is all that was offered to me. When I found out I could have delivered her I have been living in devastation ever since knowing I could have held her and seen her even if just for a second :(

There were no complications and I healed just fine physically, but emotionally, I would have preferred the induction :(

Im sorry for your loss.. I would have thought the doctors would have given you that option as its a preferable for them! I am glad that I got to give birth to my boys as it made me feel closer to them but when I first had them I could not look and took me a couple of before I asked the mid wife to bring them to me. It was a moment I will never forget and I cry constantly when the were taken for test, it took five days to get them back home.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: I was not given a choice either, I took matters into my own hands and I could have died. Don't ever feel bad it was what had to be done.. XOOXOXOX :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->