Want to cry :(

MummytoLouie

Reaction score
Feeling very sad today - Had mild spotting since Monday - started off VERY mild.. very very light pink ... tiny bits.. most people wouldn't notice.

Then it stopped...

Had nothing tues....

Wed... Tiny very light pink in discharge

Today - Little bit more with bits of red blood in.

Had a scan tuesday at told i was about 5 weeks (same time I have miscarried 5 times before) and just see how it goes.

Booked in now for next thursday.. unless anything happens.

At work.. and keep going to the loo to check if anymore..

Feel so fed up x:growlmad::cry::nope:

:hugs: I know it can be very worrying and sometimes you just give in to the feelings.

I have been through it 3 times myself and it can be a rollercoaster of emotions. I thought it was never going to happen but I have my ds to show for it now.

Try to keep busy and think positive thoughts, I know thats hard since that's all you will have on your mind.

I hope everything goes well for you. Sending you lots of sticky dust and hope this is it for you.

I spotted on and off for several weeks with my son - weeks 5-7 I think. I also was a wreck during that time because I had had a previous MC at 5 1/2 weeks. Everything ended up being fine. Healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. Try not to stress too much hun! Hoping you got your sticky lil one! :dust: :hugs:

I spotted on and off for several weeks with my son - weeks 5-7 I think. I also was a wreck during that time because I had had a previous MC at 5 1/2 weeks. Everything ended up being fine. Healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. Try not to stress too much hun! Hoping you got your sticky lil one! :dust: :hugs:

Thanks .. this is really positive.

I am trying to be positive.. today has just got to me..

Wish I could scan myself haha

Spotting can be totally normal but I know it's impossible not to worry. I'm keeping everything crossed for you Hun let us know how things go x

*massive cuddles* :hugs:

I sadly lost my first pregnancy between 5 and 6 weeks - however, that didn't begin with spotting, just full on bleeding. I went on to get pregnant again 3 months later and this time had spotting at 5 weeks - I gave birth to a beautiful little girl with no problems whatsoever.

I am thinking of you and I really hope everything turns out well xxx

Thank you all for your comments..
I have had 3 miscarriages before... all about this time.. hense why im so anxious.. but it started with bright red bloody and got heavier with cramps each time..

This is different.. but doesn't help me be any less anxious...

Guess what will be will be xx

I've had three miscarriages, all started immediately with heavy bleeding and pain. With this, so far healthy, pregnancy, I spotted for two weeks, and baby is doing just fine. Don't lose your hope just yet ♡♡

massive :hugs: I've never been there, and don't have anything to add but really didnt' want to read and run. Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping this lo sticks for you!

With my daughter I bled throughout my whole first trimester.... Sometimes just lots of brown blood, sometimes bright red blood.... I was so scared the whole time cuz I had 2 MC before... Once I got to the point where I could hear a heartbeat, my mom went online and rented me a Doppler so that when I was afraid I was losing her I could hear her heartbeat without having to go into the doctor... That helped a lot, but I didn't relax until I was holding her in my arms. I hope everything works out! At least you know that this bleeding is totally different that the bleeding that led to the MCs.... My doctor said the bleeding that I experienced was from the placenta being so low.

With my daughter I bled throughout my whole first trimester.... Sometimes just lots of brown blood, sometimes bright red blood.... I was so scared the whole time cuz I had 2 MC before... Once I got to the point where I could hear a heartbeat, my mom went online and rented me a Doppler so that when I was afraid I was losing her I could hear her heartbeat without having to go into the doctor... That helped a lot, but I didn't relax until I was holding her in my arms. I hope everything works out! At least you know that this bleeding is totally different that the bleeding that led to the MCs.... My doctor said the bleeding that I experienced was from the placenta being so low.

Thank you this was really encouraging.. thank u xxx

Try and stay as positive as you can. Unless the bleeding gets heavier you could have a perfectly healthy baby developing.
I had a mc last year so I can totally empathise with how you must be feeling as I'm still a nervous wreck and will be until I have my 12wk scan and see all well..as it was then I'd found out I'd lost the baby.
Positive vibes being sent your way flower xoxo

I had spotting for the first time at 7 weeks. I was devastated. Turns out I have a blood clot. The cause for the bleed. I'm almost 12 weeks & have had on/off spotting since 7 weeks but all is normal.
It may be a threatened m/c but it could be of no concern.
Do you have any cramps?

Think positive thoughts and keep busy. I had a miscarriage around the same time and the bleeding was heavy and continuous. I was under alot of stress and worry when I had that miscarriage, maybe that is what caused it, I don't know. I can't say that for sure. My sister in law had a period-like bleed when she was maybe 8 weeks along, scared her to death and she ran to the ER where they showed her a healthy active baby on a sonogram. I hear lots of stories of woman having period-like bleeding during the first trimester, sometimes all the way through. Don't worry hun, everything will be fine.

Thank you this was really encouraging.. thank u xxx

I'm happy that helped! :) I'd also like to add that along with the bleeding I experienced really bad cramping. Cramps so bad that I nearly passed out in my bathroom... So, cramping doesn't necessarily mean MC either. :) xxxx

There's nothing scarier than finding out you are pregnant and then see spotting. Horrid feeling and especially hard when you've gone through a m/c. Like everyone said, it's more common than we realize but that usually doesn't provide much solace when you are the one experiencing the bleeding. But you should see how many posts come up here in first trimester with the spotting concern. It really is something many women have to endure, even in a healthy pregnancy.

I didn't spot at all with my first child and completely lost my mind when I started spotting at 5 weeks. It was mostly brown but I also had instances of pink and bright red. Basically, it ended up being the result of a hematoma where the "wound" from implantation didn't heal properly. I recently stopped bleeding at 10 weeks once the hematoma healed.
My progesterone levels were crazy low, too, and once my doctor put me on progesterone pills, that's when the spotting stopped and my doctor thinks that the progesterone helped, as well. So, you may want to get your P level checked just in case.

I know it's impossible to relax but just in my opinion, I honestly don't think your spotting is the start of a m/c, especially since you haven't had cramping with it. I had terrible cramping and that's only now easing up a tad bit and baby is in track and healthy. Keep us updated but I have a good feeling you will be okay. :)

I've had 8 losses total so I totally get where you are coming from. Bleeding of any kind is scary in pregnancy but when you have a history of miscarriage, it ratchets up your anxiety levels to extreme proportions. But I wanted to give you some hope too. I've had spotting go either way. As I've said, I've miscarried several times BUT I've also had spotting with 2 of my 3 successful pregnancies too. With my daughter, I had a blob of dark red blood at 8 weeks and was scared I was losing yet another pregnancy. An ultrasound showed a uterine bleed that resolved itself by 12 weeks though and my daughter was born healthy, happy, and screaming at 37 weeks. With my current pregnancy, I started spotting at 5+2 and over the course of the next 5 weeks, I had daily spotting, pink/red discharge, and even a few outright bleeds. I was terrified and having panic attacks weekly because the stress was so bad but ultrasound after ultrasound showed baby was still there, hb was still thumping along, and my uterus was still empty of anything but baby. We still don't know where the bleeding came from though we suspect my cervix was irritated from the progesterone supplements I was taking. I'm now 36 weeks and counting down the days til this baby comes. Hang in there and try to relax as best you can. I know it's nerve-wracking to see pink or red but it doesn't always mean the end. :hugs:

Hey all, thank you all so much for your replies.
I am feeling a lot more positive today - another week till my scan.
Still have daily spotting.. SORRY if this is TMI ... but its not if I wipe... but I twist a bit of tissue inside it comes out on that... just a tiny amount.. but most times.
My boobs were on fire last night, which is a good sign I guess...

Who knows hey.... what's meant to be will be!

Was going to have a scan on the 30th as I am in Ireland for my brothers wedding next weekend and it's my son's 4th birthday... so didn't want anything distracting from that. But now having the scan on Thursday before we go away.

Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"