Want to move house, but he doesn't ;\

Buddysmum89

proud mum of Seb & Lilith
Reaction score
Im so frustrated at the moment, i have never ever met anyone as stubborn as my OH apart from my own father lol!.

I have been wanting to move house for the past year now, i absolutely despise our house we live in at the moment..I hate the street!, the people are inconsiderate, the kids are ignorant and cheeky and it drives me mad, and i hate this house..Its only classed as a 2 bedroomed house as mine and OH's loft bedroom is only classed as a loft conversion and not a bedroom!..There are 4 of us living in this house and its just not big enough :(. theres even no outside space and i had dreams of a garden when i got pregnant with my son!

This house is really getting me down, and his reasons for not wanting to move..Its too stressful!!..Ive moved 3 times in my entire life and ive never been stressed..Yes it can be a bit of a handful moving furniture to and fro but thats what is expected when you move house..And our house is so small for what we're paying..Ive searched all around our neighbourhood and for what we're paying we can get a whole detached house with 3 bedrooms and even a garden!..At the moment we're paying £395 a month..for a tiny, uncompleted shell of a house!..There are cracks in the walls and ceilings and even in the light fittings in my sons room!..Im just not happy here :(, i feel miserable everytime i come home from where ever ive been! :\, your not supposed to feel like that, your supposed to want to come home to your house at the end of the day..Me?..I just dread it!..

Ive tried talking to him about it, and all i get is 'we'll move eventually'..I dont want to be stuck in this horrible house for the next 20 years! :|, i will probably have a nervous break down if that was the case!..He also said that we won't move unless we have to!!..I also want another baby at some point..Sometimes i just wish i could get pregnant just so he would move house!

Anyone elses OH as stubborn as mine?:growlmad:

I think he is being a bit unfair if that is the only reason he doesn't want to move. If your home is making you unhappy and there are no financial or practical issues that mean it doesn't make sense, then I don't think you're being unreasonable.

Could you arrange to see a couple of houses, so he could actually see what you would get for the same money? Tell him if he views a couple of houses with you that you'll stop asking and hopefully when he sees what you could have, he'll change his mind? x

No advice cos my OH is the same, I've wanted to move out since we moved in - the house is fine I just don't like the area, at all - he thinks moving is too stressful :growlmad:

Men!! :hugs:

Sorry no advice but I completely sympathise with you, I want to move aswell absolutely despise my house its tiny and run down, oh seems to be ok that we look like a couple of Scruffs because of the state of the house his reasons to not move include, not wanting to save up for a deposit and he can't be bothered to pack and unpack again. I've made an agreement with him though that we will stay here 2-3 years while he works his way up in the pub he works in but we get this house redecorated with new carpets so I'm in the planning at the moment and all work on the house will start in the next 8 weeks as I want it all done for new baby :) I hope it helps me like the house more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->