Want to start pumping a little- new to this and need advice please!

mlm115

Mom
Reaction score
I want to start trying to pump a little just to try to get used to it and so I have a few bottles in case I want to go somewhere without lo or for DH to give a night feeding. I'm wondering when the best time is to pump if I just want to do it once a day? Also I would prefer to pump not when dd is feeding on one side and pumping on the other (the cross body hold works best for us and I can't see how I can do both at once!) How much should I be pumping for her to have a full feed from a bottle? She will be 3 weeks tomorrow.

Its reccommended that you dont start pumping until 4/5 weeks when your supply regulates. otherwise you could end up with an oversupply and then you will leak all the time. I chose to pump first thing in the morning as i knew i would be home and was usually pretty full then too.

Yes I waited until LO was 5 weeks old to start pumping because the supply doesn't regulate until at least 4 weeks.

I pump after the morning feed and sometimes after his bedtime feed. I usually get the best results in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->