Wanting to become a mammy

blinkey

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im new to this whole forum thing lol im just hoping for some advice :-s

Me and my wifey to be are looking into becoming parents and was wondering how people found the whole process. We have looked into DI and that seems a very expensive route to take. How have people on here found their donors?? (any recomendations lol) also if using a known donor does the relationship to the child cause any issues??

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Hi i have strated a thread about our process, we went to the London Womens Clinic in darlington and they were fabulous :thumbup: and sent us loads of information to help. if you have any specif question i will try and help

You could try these here if you cant afford egg sharing or ivf, we used this forum. Please be careful though there are always risks :)

https://forums.tadpoletown.com/

Hi ladies

I wanted to share our experiance

Me and wife married 8 years 2gether for 11 we have a precious dd 21 months who is just our world

We met our donor on a website just googled it 1 day this was 4 years ago ( my partner wasn't ready then so waited another 2 years) he seem perfect u can't be too fussy looks height ect ect as there just aint many donors about lol!

He seemed nice done loads of donations blood donor as well so all checks been done

We met at a premier inn he did his thing we left of course arward wasn't the word, we then went back to room with syringe instead cup at the ready preseed and a vibrator of course good for. The organsim after insemination, lol!,

Left that night and waited 2 whole weeks I took a test on the friday 2 days b4 af due and there it was BFP I was in shock!!!!!!

9 months later our dd was born and 21 months old now she is our angle and has compleated us so much,

We have been ttc baby number 2 for a whole year and suffered 10 chemical pregnancies its not an easy road this ttc and we are thankful we have 1 dd we are looking in to adoption maybe

All I can say is good luck and its the best experiance we ever did

Oh and our donor doesn't see our dd we don't want him to see her we will happily tell our dd all about our donor what we know but that's how we prefer to keep it xxx

Hi i have strated a thread about our process, we went to the London Womens Clinic in darlington and they were fabulous :thumbup: and sent us loads of information to help. if you have any specif question i will try and help

Hiya, We have looked at london womens clinic in darlington but at this stage we are looking for information...need to get the marriage out the way first so my lady can legally be the 2nd parent. the LWC website has quite a lot of information but im stuggling to understand it (very complicated process it seems). We are looking at DI as a first route but it just seems so expensive there. we have been told that newcastles life centre has a fertility clinic and that its cheaper but we would like to make an informed decision :)

How did you go about first getting information. we have been advised to see the doctor first but we are unsure if we would qualify for NHS treatment...I suppose we could actually ask and find out lol

We went through a few clinicns to beging with paying for consultations here there and bloody every where, we googled and googled to everything to be honest. when we went to darlington it just felt right to be honest so decided to stay with them and come back for some more details.

I think when you first start out you don't know a lot but you pick it up as you go along.

Charlotte donated her eggs both times so we got the procedure cheaper but then obviously had to buy the sperm.

You start out with a consultation and then counselling then they call you back, we had to wait until they had found a match for charlotted eggs before we could start a cycle so they were harvested and could be planted back once inseminated with our donnor sperm and the other ladies sperm, so the timing were right. Out first try did not work and embryos did nto servive the frezzing process the first time so had to go through the whole thing again of donating and harvesting, fertilising and insemination and frezzing embryos that were left.

1st Try 2 Embryo Transfers No
2nd Try 1 Enbryo Transfered Success
3rd Try 1 Embryo from frozen No

1 Enbryo, we are looking at all options now as dont want LO to be an only child. We have contacted adoption agencies and looking at doing home Insemination for a few months before we use or last embryo as you can only donnate your eggs 3 times and already done it twice. I have a little thread going if you want to read it as i wil be putting up all information about what is going on and there are some links that other people have put on the bottom which may help!!!!

Darlingtons Details
Sarah Day
Business Co-ordinator (North East)
The London Women’s Clinic Darlington

Tel: 01325 371 070
Fax: 01325 371 071
[email protected]

We sent away for the OVA magazine which is free and they sent is all sorts.

Breif details for pricing guidance only this is from october last year cycle

The cost of a frozen embryo treatment cycle is:

Medication: £200.00 (Approx)
FER Cycle: £950.00
HFEA Fee: £75.00
Total: £1,225.00

If would like treatment, then she will need to ring the Clinic on day 1 of her cycle and attend for a scan on day 2 of her cycle.

February 2010 Cycle

The total amount you will need to pay is as follows:

Blood Test: £88.40
Donor Sperm: £1,000.00
HFEA Fee: £104.50
Total: £1,192.90

may need further blood screening prior to egg collection (HTLV 1&2) at a cost of £45.00. Also, if the embryos are cultured to Blastocyst stage, then there will be an extra cost of £225.00.

I hoep this give you a rough idea even to give you a guidance of everything sorry for the long post, i have some documents from when we started if you would liek them e-mailing to you to big to upload just PM me your email.

If you have an other question please ask. :thumbup:

that info was really helpful and really puts into perspective the cost of using a clinic :S it seems like a lot of hard work when some people have an easy process lol but i guess its all worth it in the end :D

that info was really helpful and really puts into perspective the cost of using a clinic :S it seems like a lot of hard work when some people have an easy process lol but i guess its all worth it in the end :D

Definatley worth i in the end would not have it any other way!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->