Wanting to try again but have to wait

Tonks

Reaction score
We found out our precious LO did not make it two weeks ago. My body would not miscarry naturally and I ended up getting a D&C yesterday. It took us five years to conceive and when we finally did we miscarried. It has been devastating. :cry:

My doctor says I need to wait at least two months before ttc again. That seems so far away. On the other hand I am terrified of MC again.

Anyone else feel this way?

Oh my gosh, I remember you posting on the 2ww (i think) I am so sorry about your loss. I agree it seems so far away. Maybe you will feel a little better emotionally after a few months though and be ready to cast the fears aside put on a brave face and try again. HTH if it makes you feel better I think we are all scared of it happening again. Oh if you haven't read the sperm meets egg plan or website you may want to check it out :)

hey tonks, I just want to say that I am very sorry for your loss.

In March I had a suspected ectopic and had to get the Methotrexate shot. You are not supposed to ttc for 3 months after the shot. I am now in the month where we can ttc again. Just want to let you know that time goes so fast and 2 months will be over before you know it! best of luck!

Hey Tonks I'm so sorry babe. I had my D&C on the 18th and we've been at it already, my Dr said there was no reason to wait for a cycle to being trying, and that the nain reason they like you to wait is for dating purposes ( thats what he said!). I can't imagine how you must be feeling after TTC for two years to lose your LO. I hope your heart mends soon, we will always carry our LOs with us in our hearts. I have been at piece for only a week now. I hope you get your BFP and forever baby VERY VERY soon. xx

It's totally down to you how long you want to wait. Doctors only say this anyway so they can date the pregnancy easier. We're going for it right away!

I think TraceC & daopdesign are right...the reason doctors tell you to wait is because it makes their job easier if your hormone levels are back to normal and you've had an AF because they can date it easier. I had 3 diff docs tell me 3 diff things...from 1-6 months.

I think as soon as you feel like your body is back to normal and you are ready to go for it you should. For me, I am supposed to wait for chromosome testing results on my embryo...but I think that I don't want to waste this time in between....even though I know chances are I won't conceive right away, I don't want to look back and think I wasted any opportunities.

And, if any of my doctors say I should of waited, I will just say "Oops! Accidents happen."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->