Wanting to try no.4 but need advice on my husband's tablets and Crohn's disease

Nanaki

Mummy 2 two boys, an angel and a girl!
Reaction score
Hello girls.

I have been in here for a while but has been off since last year after had a MMC. I hope that I won't be going thru this experience again but if it does happen, it happens. :nope:

I wanted to know if anyone's partner (husband or boyfriend), that have Crohn's disease and is on tablets called Azathioprine. He has been diagnosed since 2012 and I already have 2 boys who are nearly 5 and 3.

Did anyone successfully carried/carrying a baby while your partner is on it or advise him to change medications?

The reason why I am asking is that I had a MMC - it could be result of that my husband's tablets affected the foetus? But the answer is unknown as I have done the research a bit and it says it could affect me to miscarry or a baby have a birth defects but need to speak to the doctor that husband is currently seeing. If If I have crohn's disease they would advise me to try stay on it and keep eye on me but I am more concerning about male fertility issues and the medications they are on.

Any stories or experiences you have would be grateful appreciated.

Thank you

Hugs to you all!!! :hugs::kiss:

Hi sorry I don't really know anything in that area and have no experience in it, just didn't want to read and run :hugs:

My friends husband has crohns, I'm sure he was on the meds that you have mentioned, and they were told by the doctor to not get pregnant. I'm guessing you will need to speak with the dr. X

Hi,

It's obviously not exactly the same but I have crohns and have been on azathioprine plus plenty of other drugs for quite a while. I've had no problems conceiving (luckily) either time and have been monitored more closely in pregnancy but so far so good. I was told the risks of these drugs are minimal and far less than the risk of uncontrolled crohns.

I was told the main drugs they worry about are methotrexate and sulfasalazine when it comes to fertility and birth issues but I don't know for definite this is the same for men. Maybe he could check with his GP/gastroenterologist? :flower:

Thank you ladies. We are planning to speak to his doctor but unforunetly I can't be there with him due to the time clashes with school. So hopefully he will talk to him more about this and telling him it is ok to continue or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->