Warby's New Weightloss journal

Warby

Mom of four monkey-moos
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Warby. I am 39 years old, 5'2, and I weigh 147 pounds. Boo! I have small boobs and a medium frame, so I should lose 25-30 pounds.

I have four kids. My youngest is 15 months now so I should probably stop calling it "baby weight", as it is just plain old fat. I am still breastfeeding, though.

My "plan" is to try to eat sensibly (stop pigging out on junk food), get more exercise, and allow the odd treat now and then.

Stalkers/commenters welcome!

I had a pretty good day today. The baby slept through last night so that was good. I went on my treadmill for 47 minutes this morning (that's how long it takes me to watch an episode of Nip/Tuck on Netflix). Tonight we went to a very large mall and I walked all the way around it.

I have a fitbit flex, which I love. My goal is 10000 steps/day and I have reached that goal 6 out the past 7 days. Today I am about 400 over the goal, but it is really more. I pushed the stroller for most of that long mall walk (took an hour, though around 15 minutes of that was actual shopping), but my fitbit is terrible for recording steps when my arm is not swinging normally (like pushing a stroller or shopping cart). I would say that my total was more like 13500. I know that regardless of what fitbit says, I did get the exercise, but I like to see it recorded.

Hi GingerPanda!

I was doing laundry yesterday and looking at my beautiful clothes in my closet. I am too fat for 85% of them! Funny, when it could wear them I still considered myself fat, and now I would love to be that size again.

Right now I am the heaviest that I have ever been (non pregnant). Part of it is breast feeding (my body likes to hold on to fat after initially helping to lose it), part of it is lack of sleep as my youngest has been a terrible sleeper, part of it is my metabolism slowing down. But if I'm honest, 90% of it is due to poor choices on my part.

I seem to go in waves of willpower and am feeling pretty strong right now.

One of my husband's best friends is getting married this summer- in Ireland! So excited for him. DH and our youngest and I are going. I know that we will take lots of photos of us in Ireland, and I don't want to look all fat in the photos. Also, I refuse to buy a larger sized fancy dress. I have several nice ones that don't fit now.

Made myself a weight loss ticker....looking forward to moving it!

You will look stunning in your dress, I'm sure.

Jealous of you getting to go to Ireland! We were going to spend two weeks in the UK this summer/fall with the money we saved by doing a natural MC instead of a D&C, but the government took it all for taxes and we don't get to go now. :(

Maybe next year, and you can give me ideas on places to go! Where is the wedding?

It's in Slane...not too sure about the geography of Ireland. We're a little but nervous about driving there. We live in Canada so we drive on the right and the steering wheel/driver is in the left seat. In Ireland, not only do they drive on the left, but most vehicles are standard so it is also shifting with your left hand. Sounds like a lot to figure out but others who have done it say that we'll catch on pretty quickly.

I love Canada. We went to Toronto for one weekend and didn't want to leave. :haha:

I am also quite fond of Canada. Some exceptions made due to weather and current Prime Minister.

So, it is 10:39 am right now. I didn't get out of bed until 9:30 or so, which was quite lovely. I just finished eating and I guess you could term it brunch..won't be hungry again for a while.

I had a latte that my daughter brought to me in bed (so sweet!). Just coffee and 1% milk.

Then got up and had a glass of water. Then made a smoothie (more 1% milk, fat free sugar free greek yogurt, and frozen berries). Yum. Also had some scrambled eggs with ham and cheese. Then I had another glass of water and now I am sipping a second cup of coffee. High protein/low carb seems to work well for me. I am also very cognizant of my calcium and vitamin D intake (all our milk here has vitamin D added), so this meal was a pretty good choice.

We are going to go to the zoo today which is a lot of walking around. I am wondering if I should try wearing my fitbit around my ankle today because I am sure I will be pushing the stroller quite a bit. I'd worry about losing it, but I suppose it would be OK if I wore it inside my sock.

2 big cups of coffee + 2 large glasses of water + smoothie = peeing all the time.

Have fun at the zoo! I think it would be safe in your sock.

I ended up taking the sensor out of the wristband and putting it in my pocket. Seems to have worked. I went from the first light flashing when we left to the last light flashing now.

Breakfast today: a smoothie, one piece of whole wheat toast with cheese spread, coffee, water.

Mid morning: Starbucks skinny vanilla latte. Yum.

Lunch: chopped salad (lettuce, spinach, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, turkey, bit of cheese), water.

Supper: turkey burger on whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato and cheese, salad, water.

Got 11000 steps today!

I meant to weigh myself this morning but I forgot, and now I have had a coffee, water and smoothie.

I used to weigh myself daily, but the normal fluctuations tend to discourage me. I think I will weigh in twice a week or so.

Good day today, but a bit hectic. There was a cancellation at the allergy doctor's and my son was on the cancellation list, so they said we could come in at 12:30. He tried peanut butter for the first time and had a pretty bad allergic reaction, so I was happy to get in. It did mean a whole lot of rushing around, but I made it all work.

Breakfast: smoothie (apparently I am in some sort of a "smoothie phase" right now), coffee, water.

Lunch: chicken torpedo (chicken breast stuffed with cheese and jalepeno peppers, wrapped in bacon). Yum. These were on sale at the grocery store. Only 4g of carbs. I meant to have salad with it but ran out of time. I had water.

Snack: greek yogurt (fat and sugar free).

Supper: Skinnytaste honey sesame chicken (every Tuesday is crockpot night around here), rice, baby carrots, water.

I am treating myself to a Jello no-sugar-added chocolate mousse cup. It is pretty tasty! 50 calories, 2 g net carbs, a gram of fibre.

and I managed over 16000 steps!

Weighed in today, down a pound and a half. I wish it could all be gone overnight (wouldn't that be great!) but I am moving in the right direction.

I've decided that I will treat myself to a pedicure when I hit the 5 pounds lost mark.

Hm! I have a big long-term reward, but I should probably set little rewards for myself, too. That sounds like an awesome idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->