(Warning TMI) but why are my bbs leaking?! Cause for concern?!

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
I believe I am 7/8dpo according to opk..... So my bbs have been extremely painful and hard/swollen for the past week..... Tonight they leaked a few drops of what I believe is colostrum? At least that's what it looks like ..... Can this happen at only a few weeks pregnant if i actually am?! I took a test today and I am pretty sure it was bfn..... Why are my bbs doing this?! Anyone else have this going on? It's freaking me out but if it can be a positive thing then is rather be excited by it lol
Help please!!! What's going on here?!

I have this problem also. It's called Gallorhea? or something like that. It can be pretty common actually but since this is the first time it's happened for you I'd suggest seeing your doctor whether or not you're pregnant to check for prolactin levels. If they are too elevated then you may need to be on medication for a benign brain tumor in the pituitary gland.

Either way it's pretty harmless but just worth getting it checked out.

I was told this is NOT a sign of pregnancy, however this coincidentally happened for the first time when I had my first chemical. :shrug:

Thank you so much for your response!! It's a bit relieving to hear it could be normal! I called my obgyn this morning .... Still waiting for a call back..... I'm sorry to hear about your chemical:( sending lots of baby dust your way!!

I had to get tested for the same thing last year. I breasted for a long time but 18 months after I stopped I randomly started leaking. I also got sent for a mammogram and blood tests for prolactin levels, but everything came back normal and the woman at the breast clinic told me it just happens sometimes, can be to do with fluctuating hormones but I wasn't pregnant when it happened to me.

Thank you , appreciate your input !! I can't get in until Thursday ..... I'd think if they thought it is something horrible they'd get me in ASAP?

As wannabeamummy said, it isn't likely to be anything bad. When they referred me my referral was non urgent as the Dr really didn't think it was anything bad. As was said above, the worst thing they will look for is a type of tumour on your pituitary gland that secretes prolactin. These are NOT cancerous, they are completely benign and won't hurt you, you might need to take some medication, but my Dr also told me this is a very UNLIKELY outcome with leaking breasts, most of the time if the fluid looks white or yellow in colour it is nothing to worry about although obviously best to get it checked.

Ohhhh I can't thank you enough for that!!! Just took a million lbs off my chest!!! My dr is sending me for blood work tomorrow .... I should know by wed if I am preg, if not we will go from there he said ..... Well I hope I'm just preg!!!! I asked my dr if I should get a ct because I also have tachycardia (rapid heart rate) which can be caused from a hormonal imbalance .... We didn't think that was the case but maybe it is! And the breast help to explain more..... But my dr told me he thinks I'm simply pregnant.... I told him I'd only be 3 weeksish and asked if that's even possible to have symptoms like this so soon..... He said never say never and wants to do hcg blood test first ...... Well he's a male GP....hmmmmm I'd love to think he's right!!!!! But he's prob clueless when it comes to women's body's haha

Update: I think I got my BFP ? And this is could explain the bb issue? I hope!!!
https://imgur.com/rMeR0sE]https://i.imgur.com/rMeR0sE.jpg
My blood hcg was neg on Tuesday, I got 3 very faint pos yesterday (Wed) I'm a little skeptical on this but I see my obgyn today!

I definitely see it!!! And I usually suck at seeing early BFPs lol.

This did happen to me when I was pregnant with my 1st chemical (happened about 9dpo and I thought I was losing my mind!) so hopefully this was just an early sign for you!!

How many DPO are you/when were you due for AF?

Please keep me updated!! I'm soooo excited for you!!

Thanks so much!! I took a digital today and it said preg!!!!
I'm sorry to ear about your chemical :( I'm going to keep testing.... AF doesn't show for another few days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->