Was I in labor last night and then it just stopped? What was happening?

calm81

Reaction score
Hi,

All day yesterday I had a lot of Braxton Hicks, I decided to drink extra water in case it was due to dehydration. Later in the day they still persisted but then they were associated with a radiation of warmth over my bump (kinda like how my tummy was the day I went into labor with my son).

After the radiation of the warming sensation I decided to time them just in case. They were irregular at 8 min apart, then 11 min apart, then 6 minutes apart, and then 16 minutes--irregular.

By later in the evening lower back ache was now making it's appearance. It felt like maybe I needed to use the *eh hem* bathroom, but I didn't. The pressure weighed heavily on my tail bone region and occasionally worked up to where my bra strap is located.

I went to bed with the lower back pain and lower abdominal cramps thinking "will I be waking up in REAL labor in a couple hours?" That I made sure to add a few more items to my toddler sons travel bag for his aunts house.

For some of you that haven't read my earlier threads, Both of my kids were born during my 36th week. In case you were thinking,"She's only 36+2 weeks, why she worrying?" I know every pregnancy is different, but when you have a history of something happening, you stay on your toes for the same occurrences.

Flash forward to this morning. I have no more lower back pain or lower abdominal cramping. The crazy BHs have subsided for now.....what gives?

Why does everything have to feel like something but that is NOT something at all? You know? LOL.

Any insight on what my body was doing to be yesterday? :dohh::dohh:

I had this when I was in early labour with my DD. It stopped and started over a day or two before it really got going.

I had this with my son, as well. I would think labor was starting and then several hours later everything would just stop. I ended up being induced so I'll never know just when I would have gone into real labor, but I've read that this start-and-stop labor is usually indicative of real labor happening soon. It's thinning and dilating your cervix and preparing your body to push out a baby. Good luck!

Soooooo basically, I shouldn't take my son to his favorite park that is an hour away? He loves this particular playground, lol. Hmmmm.

I had this with my second baby. Had irregular contractions for a few hours coming every 10 minutes, then 5 then back up to 10 minutes. Then they stopped altogether. Had the same thing again a few days later then they stopped. Had nothing again for another few days then I went into full labour and him 4 hours later :)
Good luck , Deffo sounds like slow labour xx

I had the same sort of thing with my first. On and off like this for a few days I thiught t was braxton hicks but must have been the start to early labour x

With my third pregnancy, I was having regular increasingly painful braxton hicks contractions, i was so convinced it was real labour that i went to the hospital. Turned out to be false labour, they measured the contractions but said it wasn't opening my cervix. I went into real labour and had baby 5 days later.
It might be your body getting ready?

I have had this for wks now and I'm going insane.... It literally wakes me from my sleep they get that pai ful, and very regular to the minute for hrs on end.... Then they just sizzle out after a few hrs. I am 39.5 wks and have had it ! Why won't he just come out?! I'm a zombie.....

The lower back pain is coming back. This guessing game is just no fun. I know there will be a reward at the end of all this, but seriously...

I hate not knowing, it's like from now and until my due date I have to make sure not to travel far, have my sons sitters on speed dial, and (shallow alert) make sure my hair is nicely washed and my legs nicely shaved for the big day, constantly.

I like having a plan. Unpredictability doesn't fly too well when I live an hour away from my maternity ward and have a toddler that needs proper caring while his parents are away. Not to mention, I'm getting emotional knowing I will be away from my son overnight, possibly longer, and I've never been more than 9 hours apart from him for work related reasons. :cry:

I just want that tell-tale sign that gives me a 100% assurance "this is it, get to the hospital" with leaving efficient time allotted to take son to my sister-in-laws house and travel time to the hospital with enough time to spare in case of bad traffic jams. Like, seriously?? LOL :haha: Is that so much to ask? Haha. :coffee:

Oh my goodness! The pain is unbearable. :cry: For the past 2 hours it feels as a bowling ball is in between my legs and so uncomfortable to walk. :cry: I hope this pain or feeling doesn't last 3 more weeks. I can't walk around or care for my toddler with this pain. I don't recall this with my other two pregnancies.

I know I sound like a baby, but holy crap it's soooooo uncomfortable. All within 2 hours. It also feels like my period is about to start!!

Hopefully the real deal starts soon! Who knew labour watching could be such torture!

That sounds so terrible!! I'm sorry you're going through this :hugs:

Last night my hubby and I DTD around 10PM and I woke up to real contractions at around 1:45 am-2:15. It kept me up a good couple of hours. I kept pacing around the bedroom seeing if moving will stop them and contemplating waking up my hubby to go to L&D. I finally got myself to relax and fall asleep and I woke up to no more contractions.

My waters never break on their own and I had to rely solely on contractions with my first two, but this is looking like I have nothing to base real labor on and may end up having the baby at home because I'm so unsure when to go to the hospital. The contractions were intense and not Bh.

Joys.:wacko:

Thank goodness I have you girls to talk to. I think I'm driving my hubby batty with the "is it time? what was that? should we go in?"

You never know, your waters might break this time. Also if you get a bloody show thats a good indicator.
I held off going to hospital with my 2nd because my waters hadn't gone yet, they didn't actually break until i was in the pushing stage! The midwives told me off for coming in so late in labour.
If you have trouble talking through the contractions i would suggest you go to the hospital, even if your waters don't break or no show x
Is your baby anterior/back to back by any chance?

You never know, your waters might break this time. Also if you get a bloody show thats a good indicator.
I held off going to hospital with my 2nd because my waters hadn't gone yet, they didn't actually break until i was in the pushing stage! The midwives told me off for coming in so late in labour.
If you have trouble talking through the contractions i would suggest you go to the hospital, even if your waters don't break or no show x
Is your baby anterior/back to back by any chance?

Not sure if baby is anterior/back...I read on the ultrasound screen that my placenta was anterior but other than that...my OBGYN doesn't tell me anything at each appointment except,"everything looks great, see you at the next appointment." :wacko:

Ok, i was wondering because that can elongate labour. Either way, i hope you get an answer soon! It's so nerve racking not knowing if its the real thing especially if you have little kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->