was i in the wrong...?

nugget80

Reaction score
okay bit of a long story but dd has been best friends with same little girl since nursery. She is a spoilt only child but they were very close. Forward to year 6 and parents eve the teacher voices concerns that dd is being manipulated and its not a fair friendship however teacher wants to let children make own choices and won't intervene. Couple of months ago dd wanted a picture taken with one of her other friends for her bbm picture. Dd best friend was furious and very jealous as not involved in this and dd said she did not want her in pic (it was for someone else's profile pic so fair request) dd leaves school to walk home. On way home her "best" friend pulls up in her nans car jumps out abduction pushes dd in the road and starts screaming at her! Dd arrives home hysterical and within 10 mins is being harassed by phone and text as her "best" friend is demanding they are still friends as she is apologizing! I took phone away and requested no more texts as dd was v hurt and shaken. Response to this was well what's the problem I've apologised! I sent back that sometimes sorry can't fix everything and perhaps she should think about her actions and they would see each other at school... Apparently this is not something you should say to someone else's 10 yr old... Really? Am just wondering what other mums think on this?

What sort of Nan sits there in the car and lets that happen, I would have done what you did and if it had been my daughter who was the horrible one I would have been mortified and glad you sent the text.

I dont think you did anything wrong, hope your daughter is OK now :flower:

Reading that (The year 6 didn't click in my head the 1st time) I was thinking you were talking about teens!! What kind of 10 year old does that?! And like PP what kind of nan would LET a 10 year old do that :nope: I don't think you over reacted at all and I think your daughter is best off finding a new best friend!x

Thanks for that.. I felt i had done the right thing but after being spoken to about it the other night i began to doubt myself... Also 2 days ago the nan was speaking to one of the other mums who had collected my daughters from school saying the should all stay in touch after term finishes and as she walked off she said to both my girls "well we won't be seeing you again" they were a little upset by the comment but shrugged it off and told me at which point i realised that she wad just completely unreasonable! The girls ate no longer best friends but still friendly and dd general behaviour has improved loads...!

I agree with the others. I think that at the time i'd be a bit 'you can't talk to my child like that' but after thinking about it for a few min i would be mortified that my child had acted like that. Although if, as you've said, this child is spoilt then i'm pretty sure the mum and nan probably think she can do no wrong and are helping to make things worse!

I'm glad things have got better for your daughter :) its unbelievable that at that age a little girl could be so manipulative and violent :/ are they going to different senior schools? I have to say though the teacher did the right thing mentioning it to you the teachers in our school were ignorant of it and tried to pretend it didn't happen and never did a thing about bullying x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->