Was in A&E couple of days ago... Still don't feel great. Advice!

Lcg2693

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

It's long so thanks to whoever reads and replies.

Thursday and Friday night I was taken to A&E advised by nhs helpline as I had severe abdominal pains but to my upper tummy, they were pains I have never experienced before and were completely indescribable , took my breath away and had me in tears not being able to move for a while... I was in A&E in pain for pretty much 8 hours, had blood tests and the doc felt my tummy... I'm 8+6 weeks.. She told me my white blood cells were high and they may have to keep me in... After giving me tablets for my stomach pain she observed me for an hour and got a secondary opinion and sent me home... I wasn't feeling a whole lot better, also worried me that they didn't check baby. Since I've been home ive really not felt great... I've had a dull pain in my stomach and it feels empty not food wise just empty, I'm also flushing hot and cold a lot and now I think I'm also developing a water infection... What do I do as I really don't feel ok. H

I don't have any advice just didn't want to read and run. :hugs: hope you feel better soon and everything is ok !

I'd call NHS direct back. It sounds like you definitely need to get back to a doctor, but they'll know better where you should wait to see GP or need to go back to A&E. I'm surprised they didn't scan to check the pain wasn't pregnancy related. You poor thing, how worrying and uncomfortable. I hope you feel lots betters soon.

I'd call NHS direct back. It sounds like you definitely need to get back to a doctor, but they'll know better where you should wait to see GP or need to go back to A&E. I'm surprised they didn't scan to check the pain wasn't pregnancy related. You poor thing, how worrying and uncomfortable. I hope you feel lots betters soon.

Yeah I'm half tempted to go back to A&E but they kept me waiting for 6 hours before I seen anyone... So to go through that again is stopping me but I was really angry that the doc didn't do much about the baby, I understand they were short staffed and I was so tired as is worked a 10 hour shift before I went there I didn't even think to demand anything. I will see how I get off to sleep and call them in the morning. Thanks for ur reply and kind wishes. I hope so too x

I would def go back Hun if you're still not feeling great plus to ease your mind about baby. Huge :hugs: xxx

Where abouts would you say the pain is. Is there any chance its your gallbladder? Upper right side. The only reason i say this is, with my last pregnancy i developed gallstones and the pain is the worst pain ive felt in my life, even more painful than my 3 med free labours. I had about 10 attacks between 10 and 23 weeks. I had surgery to remove it just before 24 weeks. I ended up in hospital each time and morphine was the only this that removed the pain. But also did the check you for ectopic?

I agree with Misscalais. When I was pregnant with DD1 I woke at 10 pm with horrific pain in the top of my belly. It was the worst thing I've ever felt.
They did an ultrasound and found I had biliary sludge. I had a repeat ultrasound a few days later and the sludge had gone away and not developed into gallstones.
They didn't check the baby on that occasion either. I asked why and they said that when the pain is up that high chances are it has nothing to do with the baby.

Sounds like gall bladder pains, my family have all had problems with their gall bladders. For now try not to eat anything really fattening, one time mine flared up really badly when I ate a huge ton of KFC (I know you feel poorly at the moment I'm just thinking maybe avoid pastries etc.) But I'd definitely go back, at A&E they tend to just either want to admit you or dicharge you asap but you sound really uncomfortable and they've not sorted you out at all

Hi ladies, thanks for your replies. I booked an emergency apt with my go who sent me for more bloods and he said in so many words that I should have stayed in A&E and that is was my fault im still feeling bad. I nearly lost my cool... He then said that I'm too early on to do any other checks so just go home and stop worrying. I've been really upset all day. I'm still feeling pain but not half as much as I did originally and I told him I feel very weak and lifeless and he kept saying its chemical changes etc etc... Little bit annoyed. Hopefully the next couple of weeks can go quick and be okay then I can finally see baby x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->