Washable breast pads?

And I have answered my own question, yes they are for £4.99 from boots :)

I bought some really cute & affordable ones here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/forevermybaby?section_id=6627678

I love them. They're trendy and fun, and they work well enough. They're not nearly as absorbent as disposables, but my supply is well established so it's not a worry. I could have never used these when I first started, because I was always randomly leaking and would soak a disposable in a few hours.

I have ended up with a sopping wet pad on 2 occasions with these, when I was nursing and the *other* breast was especially full. They can't handle the letdown on a super-full boob. But, I'm under the impression that there aren't any washable breast pads that can...

I'm gonna be investing in some soon, now that the dreaded leakage has begun *sulk*

I think i'll get a box of disposies for the first few weeks but I reckon reusables would work fab now. I'd rather get some WAHM ones... any others apart from the one above anyone can recommend??

I have WN ones, they soft and silky and work very very well :)

I have some too. they are great and absorbent enough for me. but i had mastitis and badly cracked nipples and disposables ones are better at retaining the moisture in the pad. the washable ones just keep my nipples moist and that's not great for healing.

you need some with fleece on either side or at least on the skin side to keep your nipples dry :D

x

Surely I could make some? Those colourful ones look nice but you'd have to make sure you're not wearing white lol

i make them, layer of fleece, layer of terry/microfibre, layer of bamboo, layer of terry/microfibre, layer of fleece, all serged together :D

x

i quite liked the lanowool ones, although plain in design I thought they were quite soft and comfy, wish i'd started using them sooner! Yea you'll find them through nappy retailers

^^ that explains why I couldn't find them :D
are the boots ones any good to start with? Where do you start?
When are you adding them to your site Princessellie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->