Washing and Drying Dishes

A

Armywife84

Just curious....

Do you wash the dishes then immediately dry them?

Do you have a dish rack or dish drying mat?

Does the dishwasher do most of the washing for you and you only hand wash certain items (fine china, glasses, cutlery, expensive cookware etc.)?

Reason I ask is I'm debating between purchasing a dish drying mat
(machine washable) or a modern looking dish rack. I particularly like this one. However, the only issue is that it isn't going to fit my pots.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 8
I live without a dishwasher :)brat:).
We have a double sink, so I just bought a wire rack that fits in the second sink and let stuff air-dry in there.
:dishes:

I've got the old fashioned dish rack! I wish we had a dishwasher, hate washing dishes!!!

i wash the dishes, carefully balance the lot on the drying rack like a game of Jenga..
run away & let OH dry up!! haha

sometimes he will leave it until its dry & then put it away.
x

We hand wash and have a drying rack. Usually I'll leave it until its nearly dry rather than drying straight away. :)

We have a drying cupboard (basically a cupboard with racks instead of shelves so any excess water drips back down into the sink) above the sink so I just stick the dishes in there and leave them to dry by themselves.

ATM i wash them and put them on a drying rack BUT hopefully in the next two weeks we are having a dishwasher installed!!! x

we have a dishwasher. i must admit i chuck everything in there.

when we didn't have one though i would leave everything to dry on a rack. i've heard using a tea towel is unhygenic.

I use a rack, but put my pots and pans either back in the oven or on the hob to dry (I was as soon as I've cooked so the heat from the oven drys it all!)

I wash by hand - pile them very skilfully on the draining board and then leave them to air dry - if i've done them in the morning then when i'm making the dinner in the evening i put them away as they'll then be dry. I usually try to clear the draining board at the end of each day.

I so want a dishwasher but we don't have space at the moment.

i was and put them on a rack and mainly air dry them unless i have people coming over x

Would love a dishwasher but no room in our kitchen :( I wash and leave to dry on the draining board. I hate washing up, it leaves my hands so dry but don't like the texture of washing up gloves.

i leave them to dry in a rack.

we have a dishwasher but hardly use it, only once every few weeks if the washing up pile looks too scary!

we have a dishwasher. i must admit i chuck everything in there.

when we didn't have one though i would leave everything to dry on a rack. i've heard using a tea towel is unhygenic.

Really??

What do countertop dishwashers look like? Sounds quite interesting.

We have a dish washer, i must admit though i do like washing up now and then Lol. And when i do i leave them to dry on the drip tray i HATE cloth drying them. And if i ever catch my OH taken them off the drip tray straight after ive washed them to cloth dry i HAVE to re wash.

We dont have space for a dishwasher but i would LOVE one! I just wash then put them on the rack and leave them to dry. Then i put them away when i need to do more washing up.

I used to wash and then dry all the time before I met my OH. Most of the time now I wash and then leave them to dry by themselves. I wont use a dish cloth to dry them as my OH just uses the dish cloths to wipe up anything he has spilled, including toast crumbs as he is a nuisance!!!!! If I have just washed them I'll use them though. xxx

i wash everything by hand even tho i have a dishwasher as im ocd lol and let it drip dry

I wash up by hand and then carefully stack everything up to air dry on the wire rack I have on the draining board next to the sink. It's not a massive space but if I jenga it I can usually get all the plates and pots/pans on there together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->