washing babies clothes

mummynummy

Reaction score
did you all washed your babies clothes including the brand new ones?

i keep hearing different things that you should or you don't have too and im confused

thanks

Yep I pre washed all of the clothes with sensitive washing liquid :) I would definitely wash them, but it's obviously up to you :flower:

I washed my baby clothes but didn't bother with towels or blankets, it personal choice really.
My mum never washed any baby clothes only ones people gave her :)

I washed everything. Don't know how long stuff has been lying in stock room etc for, plus they go nice and soft!

I have heard that formaldehyde and other such chemicals are used in clothing to prevent wrinkles etc during shipping. It is always advised to wash new clothing before wear and with babies having such sensitive skin I figure why take the risk.

Did you have your scan? Is baby still breech? Wrong thread I know :)

I did wash mine as I was concerned as alot have been single outfits so just on hangers in the shops and I didn't want any nasties ie people coughing etc on them etc.

thank you ladies, well i put all his clothes in a dark, coloured and white pile so i be having fun tomorrow and my washing machine gonna love me after haha, i was thinking putting them through a quick wash at 40 degrees. quick wash on my machine is about 1 1/2hr. i was a bit worried as the clothes smelt a bit chemically so i thought be best to wash them also most of the clothes is second hand so i kinda like to be safe.

whatme, he has turned around which was great as i was so worried he wouldnt cheeky monkey, i got a thread up about induction stories as im being induced 3 weeks tomorrow :D

thanks again you all been great and very helpful

Omg I've never washed anything before putting it on baby (new things) I didn't know you had to. People always bring things to hospital and I put them straight on. :O

I've ordered down snow suits off ebay and other products like Northface thermal onsies so everything is getting washed! Plus, if things are stored in the back of stores you just don't know if there's mice or what other people with their grotty hands have been up to with that garment lol. I'm a little fussy that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->