Washing cloth ready for next baby...

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,

My dd is pretty much potty trained now and I'm using pull ups at night because I couldn't justify such tiny washes!!

After 2 late losses I'm not currently pregnant but will be soon (fingers crossed!!) soooo I'm packing away the cloth but want to wash them in preparation whilst I can still dry them in the sun.

What's a good strip watch preparation method? My main stash is bumgenius and little lambs one size but I also have cotton and bamboo inserts and some little lambs bamboo fitteds and 2 wraps.

Also when I put them away how many inserts shall I put in each so they're newborn ready?!?

Thanks all xxx

I'd just do a normal strip with full dose of detergent and rinsing until it's all out. Detergent residues can damage elastics over time (but so can the normal process of ageing) so I'd want to make sure that was all out.

When you pack them away, I'd put them in those airtight bags you can squish all the air out of/hoover and then put them somewhere cool. I wouldn't put them in an attic, somewhere normal room temp would be best.

I wouldn't put inserts in them I don't think - you'll probably need to re-wash them once before use to freshen them up a bit anyway. When it's time for that, I'd put the normal insert in for the size you're using e.g. you could try your BGs with just the small insert (but be prepared to boost it).

I've never understood how more detergent removes "detergent build up." But that's just me, I guess.

If I planned to use the nappies on a second baby of mine, I'm not sure I would bother stripping, to be honest. I would just store them as usual and give them a good wash right before usage. Stripping is only really necessary to get rid of an issue of mineral build up, mold, ammonia, barnyard, etc., or if you're buying used as you don't know how clean the diapers are or if the previous baby had any infections that could pass to your LO.

if I was set on stripping, I would do a homemade RLR mineral strip a day or two before use and maybe just add some bleach to the wash cycle afterward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->