Washing cloth

trish1200

Reaction score
Is Fairy non bio ok to wash bumgenious V3? What do you use on your nappies?

yes, it's fine - I use Bold 2-in-1, though you're "not supposed" to use biological, but non-bio doesn't get the stains out. plus, AE has no skin probs with it. and I need a softener with my cotton LLs - Bold 2-in-1 is the only one that's ok to use as it doesn't build up and coat the fibres and reduce absorbancy, as it is clay-based. I did a lot of research before using it! the cloth nappy tree forum has a lot of knowledgable people.

Yep, thats what I use, although when my huge box of Fairy is gone, i think i'll be moving to Bold 2in1 too so then i don't have to seperate my clothes and nappy washing :) (i often have half a load of whites and half a load of nappies :D)

we use Fairy on all of our clothes...i also pop a scoop of Bambino Mio nappy fresh stuff in with my nappies....i'm on the look out for some bambinex nappy wash tho, i got some free when i bought my Pop ins and they left them lovely and soft and they smelled soooo nice:):):)

Oh yeah, just a quick note that I feel is worthy of mention here....I don't have a tumble drier and was getting peed off with having crispy nappies so I thought 'what the heck' and shoved about 1/4 of a cup of comfort softener in with my nappies. Needless to say, I got through 4 pairs of trousers and 4 vests the day after. The following day was spent stripping the little sods. I can't believe I forgot to tell you girls this!! :rofl:

We use Ecover liquid.

where do you het it from hun?? i've been meaning to try it ...does it make any difference?

Oh yeah, just a quick note that I feel is worthy of mention here....I don't have a tumble drier and was getting peed off with having crispy nappies so I thought 'what the heck' and shoved about 1/4 of a cup of comfort softener in with my nappies. Needless to say, I got through 4 pairs of trousers and 4 vests the day after. The following day was spent stripping the little sods. I can't believe I forgot to tell you girls this!! :rofl:

:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh: have you tried vinegar to soften them instead of softener hun?

Yeah, tried vinegar...seemed to make a difference, but then I didn't use it when Liv had bum thrush and I didn't really notice the difference so stopped using it.

They were sooooooo soft when they had dried though, lol. I might try the 2in1...xxx

Sara - We originally got a bottle from Sainsbury's and now get refills from a shop near DH's work! But if you're not fussed about reusing your bottles you can recycle them as normal and buy new bottles of detergent in the supermarket.

I'm actually considering switching back to the powder though, as liquids are meant to be bad for your machine and cause more of a build up in the nappies. Will have to convince DH though as he's very keen on the value for money of the liquid! We used to use Ecover powder before Jack was born and I do feel that things got more clean with the powder...

I'm actually considering switching back to the powder though, as liquids are meant to be bad for your machine and cause more of a build up in the nappies.

I didn't know this - will try powder next time I think. :)

I also find the Ecover liquid doesnt clean aswell as the tablets, I use tablets just any non-bio (usually whats on offer haha :rofl:) but have used Ecover in the past, and its good but i do think tablets are better than the liquid x

Yeah same here I tend to use what's on offer, lol. I reckon washing stuff is all pretty expensive and I'm sure it doesn't need to be :(.

yeah def, I will probably use our normal non-bio tablets for babys things but for nappies i think ill try the 2-in-1,

exactly, i use tesco, not the value one, the next one up non bio for our clothes but find bio is better for the nappies

x

I get my powder from macro and make sure i get it when its on offer. Got a massive 120 wash box of fairy non bio for £11 last time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->