washing nappies

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
Now iv got a good stash iv found i only need to wash every 3-4 days, is poo ok to sit that long in my bucket!? will it not stain? :blush: also how often do i need to strip wash? i use soap nuts mostly but if theres poo i use napisan? x

they are fine. I dry pail for up to 4 days, no problems at all. I DONT get my nappies wet though (ie I dont rinse them off) as I found this makes them stain or start to go icky by day 3. Strip washes arent needed with soapnuts. Im still going to do a "big wash" once a month though using detergent and treat it like a stip wash.

urgh i do rinse! maybe i need to stop! i'll learn tho suppose i've got 6 nappies left now and a full bucket suppose i'll do a wash!

mine have sat for two weeks cos we been on holiday and the ones she was using the day before we left were still sat here, ahve just done a 60 wash with an extra rinse and they are good as new

x

mine have sat for two weeks cos we been on holiday and the ones she was using the day before we left were still sat here, ahve just done a 60 wash with an extra rinse and they are good as new

x

mmmmmm bet that smelled lovely when you opened the bucket! :haha:

haha i was onto it before i went and seperated them all ready just to bung in lmfao, surprisingly it wasnt as bad as i expected though, was pretty shocked haha

x

I only rinse off poopy nappies and wring them out and put in a bucket, wet nappies juts go straight into the bucket. I do a wash about every other day, can stretch to three but because we only air dry i start running short on nappies. Don't really have problems with stains or smells. Now i use soapnuts exclusively i don't strip wash really just hot wash every now and again. Coming from using non bio to soap nuts you can really tell the difference, especially on the BG V3, they're really made a difference smell wise.

I used to soak mine, and still left them for 3 days without any probs. I don't soak any more though - too smelly and messy!

I was every 3/4 days and not had any probs with staining. I always dry pail aswell, the only nappies i rinse are the rare explosive ones! Ive not had any problems with staining by doing that either.

How big is your bucket? :rofl: mine only fits 2 days in and thats just with one baby :lol:

Vincent hasn't pooed in his cloth, he wears pampers when OH changes him at 6 and poos in that, so clever :rofl:

its not that big but because hes in pampers on a night we only seem too use 3-4 a day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->