water birth after c-section?

gingerbaby4us

new momma
Reaction score
I had an EMCS with my daughter 2 years ago. I had always thought that next time I would try for a water birth. I have found out that hospitals require continuous fetal monitoring when you are trying for a VBAC. That means not much movement and no tub time. I remember the continuous monitor when I was in labor with my daughter it was so finnecky it was hard to move around much without messing it up. I am so bummed as I found out our local hospital has tubs for water birth. I haven't called to ask them if they allow WBACs I am not ready to hear them say no.

Some places have cordless waterproof monitors. I remember hearing about them in our birthing class.

im trying for a WBAC this time but ive been told about the continous monitoring and will only be allowed in the water right at the very end if i do. if not ill just be happy with a VBAC, as long as i dont need another section

You don't have to have the monitoring, you can do what you want! Your birth, your body, your baby, your rules. If you want a waterbirth tell them you're having one! x

Thank you for the positive words ladies. I really appreciate it. My husband is wonderful and supportive but he is most concerned with our baby being born healthy and without complications than what type of birth I have. I know my labor last time was terrifying for him too. It's hard to explain to him, family and friends how I crave an empowering birth experience. When I had my EMCS I felt robbed and medically raped. It took a while to process the experience and let it go. Everyone else was just like hey, you and your baby are healthy move on. Most people don't understand that some women will have to grieve over a lost birth experience.

I am going to meet with a local doula next week and I have joined a local vbac support group. I hope to learn a lot from these wonderful ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->