Water birth questions :)

TandJ

Mom; 1 here, 2 in Heaven
Reaction score
I am planning a water birth in the hospital with my Midwife, I am very excited as I've done a lot of research on it :) I am shooting for a pain free natural birth:thumbup: the one thing I was wondering is after birth do they deliver the placenta in the birthing pool or do you have to get out to do that? Any suggestions also with regards to hypno birthing and such would be greatly welcome :hugs:

It will depend on your midwife. I had 2 home water births, the first one I delivered the placenta while still in the tub. The second, I came out of the water to deliver the placenta as my midwife (a different one) wasn't comfortable keeping me in the pool b/c it makes it difficult to judge blood loss.

It really depends on their protocol. You can deliver in the water, or you can stand up when you feel it coming out and catch it in a pan/bowl and then sit back down. Some women will cut the cord after it's done pulsating and then get out while placenta is still inside and delivery placenta on the bed. I'm still not sure what I'll do as my MW has no preferance. I think I'll just see what happens.

I had a home water birth and they made me get out to deliver the placenta. And also to keep baby warmer. A good thing as it ended up being a while before it came out with coaxing. (About an hour after the birth!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->