Water Birth vs. Hospital Birth

Needabun

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So im currently only 9w2d pg with #1, but i want to look into my delivery options early.
I was looking to get some opinions from moms who have given water birth and regular birth (w/ epidural).

Which one do you prefer?
What are the Pros and Cons?
Any extra advice or sugestions?

I have had all 3 of my kids at a hospital. All 3 deliveries were completely different, but very enjoyable. I loved feeling safe at a hospital, knowing that if anything went wrong I would be well taken care of.

I'm pregnant with my 1st too and I agree about being at a hospital for the birth, just for the safety aspect. Don't most hospitals have birthing pools now though? If so, you wouldn't have to choose. : )

If you feel strongly that you want to avoid using pain-relieving drugs and medical intervention during your labour, it’s worth considering a water birth. Relaxing in warm water stimulates your body to produce pain-relieving endorphins. It reduces stress and anxiety. You can combine it with other forms of pain relief including gas and air, massage, acupressure and aromatherapy. Some birthing centers and hospitals offer water births. Birthing centers are medical facilities that offer a more homelike setting than a hospital and more natural options for women having babies. Doctor may give your proper advice for delivery options based on your condition.

My 7 yr old wants me to have the baby at home. But we are 30 min from the nearest hospital so if anything were wrong with the baby it would take time to get medical help. I defentily see the benefit of a home birth. Private and the way you want it to be. But then your still at home with a huge pool in living room. What if it pops? Idk I always look for something to go wrong lol.

I'd be afraid of farting in the water and everyone being able to see the bubbles rise. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->