Water birth?

Sophie_x

Reaction score
Has anybody had or know anybody that has had a water birth. It's something I'm considering a lot but haven't really heard much about them? Any stories anyone :)?

Yes! I had a waterbirth and it was excellent! I can't imagine giving birth on dry land now. I have a birth story in my sig and there are plenty of people on this board that have had them as well. :)

Ditto what Feronia said. I have had a water and a non water birth and the water wins hands down! It was so much easier to move in the water, it relaxed me so much and was just generally lovely :)

I am planning a water birth. I've heard it really helps with the pain.

Yup, had a waterbirth which was lovely. I would probably have the same plans again. A link to my home water birth is in my signature.

I had one and it was amazing, I was screaming for every drug under the sun until I got into the water, I always swear that due to the fact I was so relaxed as soon as I got in was the reason my labour only took another half hour after that point, I wasn't even planning one. I don't want to experience birth any other way!

I had a great water birth at the hospital. It was my first but I recommend it, something about water is just calming and comfy.

I planned one (and had the pool setup for the home birth) but when I was in labour, I refused to go in. I don't know why, I just didn't want to. I think it's important to keep an open mind and leave your options open, so have the pool available and if your body wants/needs it, then jump in!!! :)

53hour labour. 2 paracetamols. No other medication. 8lb baby. No tears/Stitches. Home when baby was 13hrs old. First baby.

WATER BIRTHS ARE AMAZING :happydance:

I've had two. Well, 1 and a half I suppose, as I had to get out to finish delivering Arthur on the sofa!

I honestly have no idea how people give birth on dry land. It was totally amazing for me, both times.

Very much a personal preference thing though, so it might be worth planning one, but keeping options open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->