Water Infections

A

AppleBlossom

I get water infections all the time. I have done since 2007. I don't know how many times I've been to the doctors for antibiotics. As luck would have it, the new year has brought yet another one. I only had my last one about a month ago and to be honest I'm getting fed up of having to keep going to the doctors to hold off an infection for a month until I have to go back again and get more antibiotics. I try to drink lots of water and cranberry juice and take Canestan stuff. But they are all just temporary solutions and all I want to do is sit in the bathroom but obviously I can't because I have Grace. Does anyone know of anything that I can do to stop getting them so often besides drinking lots or anything I can ask my doctor for that will actually work?

I am plagued by them :( I am usually at the Doctors every month for new antibiotics too, and now that I'm pregnant I hate taking them and it worries me.

All the advice they give about drinking water and cranberry juice, having a wee after sex, wiping from front to back... I do ALL of that but I still get them.

My Dr referred me to the hospital and I had an ultrasound and x-rays on my bladder and kidneys but everything came back normal - so they said I am just one of those women who is prone to them.

I have found that certain foods trigger them for me.. If I eat curry from the chippy I can guarantee I will wake up in the morning in agony! I don't eat it at all now :(

Maybe you should ask to get referred because it sounds like you get them a lot too? They are horrible.. know how you feel :( xxx

Yes, I have suffered immensely. I can't tell you how much.

Here is what to do.

On the hour (say 2pm for example) you have a pint of water and in it put a teaspoon of bicarb of soda. It is disgusting but neutralises the acid. The water is for flushing out the bacteria. Have a half pint of water again at 2.20 and 2.40.

At the next hour (3pm) have another pint with a teaspoon of bicarb. Then repeat as above. Do this again (til 4pm) then again but this time at 5pm just have a very strong espresso.

When you are weeing during an attack of water infections, DO NOT WIPE!!! Get an empty bottle and before you pee, fill it with warm (not hot) water. After peeing, and when you are still sitting, tilt your hips forward so your lady parts and tilting up and pour the water to clean yourself. Dab with tissue. (Also do this before and after sex).

Also, make sure you are resting for these few hours if you can. Notice you have a one year old so maybe not so much.

I promise this works. I haven't had antibios in ages. xx

Thanks for the advice ladies, they're really are just annoying. I'll try some of the stuff you suggested plus I think next time I have to go and get antibiotics I will ask if they will give me a referral x

i get them monthly tooo - and mine have twice gone to my kidneys lately -

My doc is talking about taking about putting me on a low dose antibiotic long term

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->