Water softening machines

jenny82

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these?

I had never ever even knew such a thing existed until we moved to a very hard water area. We have one of those machines that you have to fill with tablet salt to soften the water.

Our machine is acting up at the minute. I need to ring the estate agent but I've rang so much lately with problems that I don't want to add another one. It seems to be stuck on a regenerating cycle, doing it constantly, and it's really noisy. It's also gone through 2 huge bags of salt within a week (the first bag at the start of the week and today we bought more, and it's gone already. Those things aren't cheap!). The machine is also half filled with water, which I had never noticed before. Not sure whether that's normal or not. :dohh:

I think it is one of two things. We ran out of salt and it took me ages (about a week and a half) to get a new bag delivered, which may not be good for the machine? I don't know.. Also we had a power cut which may have affected it too but I have no clue. I've been googling but I can't find much.

If anyone has any tips, I'd be soooo grateful :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->