Water while ebf?

tinymumma

Mummy to a rainbow boy
Reaction score
I live in Australia and even though it's only just gone spring, we have many hot days. Today is one of them. Does my DS need water if I'm ebf? I mean, on days like this, I would think so but I really don't have a clue :shrug:. Also, if I should I know I should boil the water first but went I give it to him, should it be the same temp as breastmilk, or cooler?
Thanks in advance :hugs:

I'm sure everyone will have different recommendations, but I always heard that water is not to be given until 6 months.

I live on a top floor apartment this summer was brutal with a newborn. I kept him cool with gentle fans and damp wash cloths to wipe his head with. He will also take a bottle of expressed milk chilled in the fridge on very hot days. My pediatrician said no water! Young babies can die from water overdose.

I have also been told no water. Your baby will probably want to feed more often to get the extra fluids

Good thing I checked with you all first then! My goodness. QueenFrost, chilled breastmilk does sound like a good idea. He's pretty whiney and sooky today. Poor thing

You milk will become.more watery to quench his thirst - it's amazing :)

Just make sure you are hydrated as your body will want to make your milk extra thirst quenching for baba. I found on hot days LO would feed little but often because it was more about drinking than eating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->