• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

waters break early???

S

samjc1531c

Hi , im due for an elective cesearean however after listening to fab people on here i now prefer to call it a medical grounds cesearean than elective.
My question is what if my waters break before im scheduled for the c section...does anyone know what hapens. Im due to have my baby in leeds.xx

I was told that if I went into labour or my waters broke before my ELCS date, then they would do the surgery as an emergency procedure.

I'm not sure if that's the policy for all areas though - best person to ask would be your midwife or consultant :)

I was set for a medical grounds c-sec (which broke my heart as I was only told a couple of weeks before I was due-long story!) but my waters broke 3 days before. They did an emergency c-sec instead. I got to experience 7 hours of labour though as there were more pressing emergencies before me. Personally, I loved that I got to experience labour and the rate I was going I thought I'd have a baby before I got in theatre! Lol! Depends on your medical grounds though as to how urgent you are if there is a queue. Good luck, I hope you have the best experience you can :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->