Waxing

NewlyWedFifi

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
hey ladies,
for those of you who plan on waxing before the big day, when did you schedule yours for? I don't want to leave it too close to my due date as I don't want to be irritated down there. But then I don't want to do it too early so I'll be hairy again when I give birth lol.

I got waxed 4 days before due date :)

Now 40+3 & no sign of baby! :/ hopefully she'll come before it grows back lol

I am going to book an appt for some time in week 38. Haven't had a wax in about 7 weeks, so getting really hairy :p

we are told not to in our hospital! Apparently the hair helps stop infection.

I've just kept up my regular 5 week schedule my whole pregnancy :haha:

I'm so scared!!! Thinking of going for my first ever but scared of the pain! Usually just shave?? Know when I'm being induced though.. Is it really bad!? Xx

I'm so scared!!! Thinking of going for my first ever but scared of the pain! Usually just shave?? Know when I'm being induced though.. Is it really bad!? Xx

it definitely stings the first time you have it done!

Ouch!!!!! I wonder whether I could handle it lol! I mean I've been through labour before but waxing is unecessary pain lol! Also, will I have enough growth of a weeks hair? Xx

I had mine done whilst in early labour. On and off from Wednesday, waxed Friday, full labour on Sat, LO born on Sunday (38 + 6). Was NOT going in without. I'd booked for the Monday after but realised by Friday I wouldn't make it!!! At least the beautician had had 3 kids so wasn't fazed!

I had mine done whilst in early labour. On and off from Wednesday, waxed Friday, full labour on Sat, LO born on Sunday (38 + 6). Was NOT going in without. I'd booked for the Monday after but realised by Friday I wouldn't make it!!! At least the beautician had had 3 kids so wasn't fazed!

haha that's dedication!

I've got mine booked in for Tuesday, I'll be 38+6.

My hair is growing super slow during pregnancy, so I don't really need it done, (normally go every 6 weeks, but I've been able to leave it longer while pregnant) but getting it done for the sake of making sure there's nothing there.

My hair is growing super slow during pregnancy, so I don't really need it done, (normally go every 6 weeks, but I've been able to leave it longer while pregnant) but getting it done for the sake of making sure there's nothing there.

I've noticed mine growing much more slowly too!

Just got my brazilian, feel sooo much better. It was super painful because I'd left it so long without doing it, NEVER AGAIN. The waxer was so sweet and knew my skin would be more sensitive because I'm pregnant so she used the tea tree wax which is gentler apparently.

I've noticed mine growing much more slowly too!

It's so weird isn't it!! I've got a fine covering of hairs all over my belly so I've been joking that all the hairs from elsewhere in my body are now going to my belly instead!!

I shall go in week 38 - I haven't been waxed since week 7 so I'm sporting the full bush at the moment!! I did it with my last one - back of legs was the hardest, I had to go on all fours whilst she did it.
Cupcake - I've never found waxing painful, just a sharp scratchy pain for like half a second, it's not that bad but then I have very fine hair. My friend has thick dark hair and she won't have hers done because it hurts her too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->