Way late - Kilian Marcel 27.11.2010

SwissMiss

Reaction score
Hi all!!

Kilian is now nearly 6 weeks old :shock: (how did THAT happen!?! :shock:) and Im only just now finally gettin round to the computer to get back on here and check on everyone! Just wanted to post a birth story, possibly a bit of a mixed up version since its already a bit blurry!! :blush:

So... where to start... I was 9 days overdue (on Friday 26th) and had been having a few symptoms here and there for about 3 days - "false" clear outs, contractions that ended in clear outs (sorry... :blush:) etc... But nothing was happening so I woke up that day with the resolve NOT to sit down the WHOLE DAY in an effort to bring on labour. I SO didnt want to get induced again but was slowly resigning myself to my scheduled apmt on Monday to discuss it... :p We were due for a snowstorm, which friends and mws said might help, but when Id mentioned it to my doc he laughed it off... :shrug: So, I gave Linds to daycare and spent the morning in town running around (sometimes literally! :rofl:) doing Christmas shopping, then went home, ate lunch standing up (I kid you not) and then did my Christmas decorating which involved lots of stretching, reaching and climbing up and down stepladders and chairs :D By 4.30pm I was wrecked and having to pee literally every 10 minutes!! I wasnt crampy but I could sure feel baby pushing down. I went to pick up Linds and had to go pee at the daycare 3 times in the short time in takes to get her stuff together. The leader of her group said to me "I bet you by Monday he's here"... He must be psychic!! :) Either that or it was obvious from my waddle that sth was goin' on :thumbup:

Cant remember much about Friday night but I know Reto wasnt home - he called a few times and I remember saying, I think sth is goin' on, but dont worry, no actual labour yet, stay out and have fun...

Woke up Saturday morning about 5.30 or so with a contraction but honestly thought ah, whatever. Was only the one. Then I had to get up at 6.00 with Linds who just wouldnt come back to bed and I felt all tight and 'off' somehow. Then started another round of poo contractions :roll: Sorry, but that's really how it was - I needed to go but baby must have been in the way... was in agony hangin over the bathtub again for like 10-15 mins until FINALLY sth happened and I could go. And I went, prob about 6 times... :shy: ?!!?? Each time, just before, I had a contraction and finally started to think that MAYBE this WAS it! I started to time them around 7.30, just before Reto got up and they were regular, every 8 mins or so but short, lasting maybe 25-30 secs. I remember reading somewhere that I should wait til they were every 5 mins lasting a minute each so I just carried on with my plan for the day, namely WASHING! :rofl:

I think Linds could feel sth was up, she was like a MAGNET all morning, and just didnt understand why every so often mummy was leaning on the wall puffing... :roll: Poor thing. Anyway, around 8 I woke Reto and said, this is it Im pretty sure. He had next to no reaction :dohh: :grr: and I honestly think he didnt believe me! Men!
It was snowing to beat the band out, so we decided to go pull Linds around on her sled at the in-laws place. It was about 10.30 when we left and by then my contractions had started to be about 6 mins apart and 40-50 secs each. I was coping just fine - MAN, now that I can compare induced contractions to natural ones, if I EVER get the chance to have a 3rd I WILL NOT be induced even if I were to go to 43 weeks! What a difference!! :shock: - but being sat down in the car was horrible. I decided to hang out with mil while Reto and his dad took Linds on a sled ride... They would have had to keep stopping for me anyway 'cause by then I couldn't walk very well during them.

We had lunch at the inlaws - squash soup - which I managed a bit of, but didnt want to overdo it in case I had to :sick: during labour - was really afraid of that! I stayed standing up after lunch, pottering around and chatting to mil and by 2pm or so my contractions had got noticeably stronger and longer (little over a minute). Mil sent us home about 3.30pm, insisting we should make our way to hospital. I was SO convinced that I wasnt getting anywhere, the contractions were really SO mild compared to with Lindsey, but I called the unit anyway. The mw that answered said, yes, I should def make my way in as it was my 2nd baby. So, we packed a few things for Lindsey, called mil to come over to get her and left as soon as she got here, got to the hosp about 5pm I think...

To my delight the mw that was on duty was the one I had had at the start of my labour with Lindsey - an older lady with a really really soothing art about her. It had been her on the phone too, but I hadnt understood (or really listened to :blush:) her name. Anyway, I got to choose my birthing suite, picked the one with the pool in it :happydance: and they started the checking in stuff. They had to stick me SIX times and finally had to call someone from the ICU to find a vein that didnt collapse in my arm, OW!! Oh well, I was pretty concentrated on my contractions by this point, but having to stay sat on the bed while they faffed about with my iv was REALLY annoying... :growlmad: When that was finally in, she checked me and I nearly fell off the bed when she said I was nearly 6cm!!! :happydance: :wohoo: I was SO proud of myself for staying at home so long, but honestly, it was SO manageable!!! Then I asked if I could get in the pool. To my own surprise I WANTED to be in water this time! The mw filled it and I got in, aaaaaaaaaaaaahhh, lovely and warm and I decided then and there to have a water birth.

I laboured in there for about an hour, Reto sat next to the pool. When she checked me again I was at 8cm but my water hadnt broke yet. She broke it for me, had a really really hard time doin' it, she said it was a tough bag of waters!!! She checked me again about 10 mins later and I was at 10cm!! I went from 6 to 10 in an hour and a half!! :shock: At some point the mw had called my doc when she could hear me bearing down a bit. Side note: I didnt moan with contractions hardly at ALL this time!! I didnt feel the need to! Another difference from last time! I breathed loudly I guess but that's it! Anyway, my doc sauntered in, sat down next to the pool and promptly started sms-ing on his iphone!?!?? I could have SHOT him!!!!!!!!! Now that I think of it, its kinda funny but MAN was I p.o'd at one point... Guess it was the pain :rofl: I nearly grabbed his phone and dunked in the tub with me!! :rofl:

Anyways, I started pushing with the contractions and then all of a sudden there was a lapse in them and I didnt feel like pushing anymore. The doc checked me and I was back to 8cm!??? I nearly cried. They couldnt work out why but the mw decided then was a good time to change the water in the bath. Well, when I got out, there was NO WAY I wanted to get back in again. Too hot. So I got on the bed on all fours, just like with Lindsey. I was back up to 10cm again and started pushing AGAIN but lil man wasnt moving. An hour went by and still no progress. I was getting REALLY tired and terrified that sth was wrong, although I could hear his hb, strong and steady on the monitor.

They got the ultrasound machine at one point, flipped me onto my back (geez, NOT comfortable!!) and checked that he wasnt 'stuck' sideways, which he wasnt. My ob/gyn started talking about an epidural b/c he thought I might be too 'tense' to get the baby to drop. Again, I wanted to cry - think I did a bit - it had been nearly 2 hours of pushing with very little progress by this point!!! I looked at my mw and she KNEW I didnt want one so she said ok, lets try a bit longer without it, the baby is fine. She put my iv in with the drops to step up the contractions and WOW did that work! I was back on all fours with monster good contractions within minutes. He finally dropped but during one contraction I squeezed a pillow so hard that my iv fell out of the vein! Thank goodness there was already enough meds in that the contractions stayed strong. I was back on my back kinda sit-standing on the bed by now, and screaming at everyone that this baby was NEVER coming! I pushed another 4 or 5 times and then was ready to give up. I cried again to Reto, he's NEVER coming and Reto said "Hey, push again, his head is already out!" :rofl: Poor guy couldn't look, he said Kilian's head was out, eyes open and just kinda hangin' there! :rofl: I pushed with everything I had and he FINALLY came into the world with a big tug from the doctor at 8.42pm on Saturday, 27th November 2010. He was very blue, which freaked me out no end, and he had the WORST cone head Ive ever seen, from being stuck in my birth canal so long, but he was absolutely fine, cried when he came out and everything!! :cloud9: He was 50cm long (exactly like Linds) and 3.780kg - yikes! :D

Apparently the reason I had such trouble getting him out was that the umbilical cord was very very short. Oh, I cut it by the way!! :thumbup: My doc even apologized to me, saying I had actually been pushing perfectly but the cord kept pulling him back up... :dohh:

He was a bit yellow on the 2nd or 3rd day too (but not jaundiced according to his blood work) but that's disappeared now and he's a whopping 5.750kg at 5.5 weeks!! He put on 2kg in a month! :shock: Just like Linds, mum has cream comin' out her boobs, not milk!! :rofl: He's a sweet lil thing, drinks every 3-4 hours now and even sometimes sleeps 5hrs straight thru the night!! :shock:

I stayed in hospital for 4 days, I love that time, just you and your baby and everyone does everything for you... :shy: Was hard the first couple of days back home, and Lindsey had one MAJOR jealousy crisis one night, but we are doin great now apart from us all having a horrid flu over New Years'... :p

That's it! Pics to come, I have to shrink them first... :roll:
Huge :hugs: to everyone that remembers me, Ill be back to posting in the Parenting journals shortly!!

xxx

There!! The first is seconds after birth, then a couple hours old and the last one is today! :D
:kiss:

Attachments

• DSC_0638 small.jpg
    DSC_0638 small.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0657 small.jpg
    DSC_0657 small.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0857 small.jpg
    DSC_0857 small.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 45
whoa hun you look AMAZING after what i just read??? And Killian is so sweet, congrats <3

He is gorgeous!!! and you look fab!!!! well done hun!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aw Congrats, it seems like you had a bit of a tough time towards the end, but you did it! :) And he's gorgeous! xx

absolutely gorgeous :D

Huge congratulations hun, he is adorable! x x x

Congratulations again hun! Fab story :)

Thanks ladies! Esp for saying about me, but uh, yeah, I dont believe you!! :rofl: Hopefully for number 3 :)blush:) Ill at least hv the braces off!!! :pP

I agree you look amazing after all that pushing! Well done! Sounds like our LOs were born within a couple of days of each other.

Congrats my darling and well done you!! And WOW another little mini me for you....it's like looking at a little boy version of Linds-Boo :cloud9:

Big love to my fav gal in Cheese-land xxx

Great story hon!! :cloud9: *toddles back off to Wendy's journal*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"