ways to convince OH

mrsty

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
well ladies...

I have totally fallen in love with the name Elodie ... (Ella for short)
Oh doesnt like it much :cry:
Ive already given him a few weeks to see if its a 'grower' but alas no :cry: :cry:
He does love the name Ella though (which i argue will be what we will call her anyway most of the time)

Anyone here have any suggestions i can make to help him come round to the idea? or any success stories where OH has been pursuaded?

Thanks ladies.. i dont mean to sound like i dont care about his opinion (i do) its just im SO in love with this name nothing seems to compare :cry:

Thanks for listening xxxx

i told OH the middle name we are giving our daughter (we actually agreed on first name)... said i want gunna put him on the birth certificate if he disagreed lol! i am evil...

we still have the surname argument brewing tho so that's gunna be fun...

you still have time to persuade him. Try calling your bump by her name and he may come round :)

I want the name Rosalie iv decided, a few weeks ago i said to OH "what do you think of rosalie" and he said "nope dont like it" :growlmad: sooooo i left it a week or so and said to him I do really love Rosalie :flower: And he was like yes its a nice proper little ladies name im sitting thinking WTF!! but i thought best not rock the boat haha! so anyway i know he likes the name Rose or Rosie so iv been calling bump Rosie as has he now because i have. I think slowly brain washing them is the way to go :rofl: If you know he Loves Ella id call her that all the time and say you prefer Elodie for her full name to go on the bith cert but will settle for calling her Ella because he likes it so much lol! Then he will think your compromising for him! and you get her registered as Elodie :)

thats what i would do haha!!

xx

Thanks ladies..
Thats men for you!.. he says its too 'exotic' and 'flowery'..

as someone whose grown up with the name Sharon which thanks to 'Birds of a feather' was seen as 'common' .. i said thats exactly what most girls would like in a name!! :rofl: He want a 'sensible' name though.. (you can tell he's aa man! :rofl:)

I love your suggestion Ali i will definately start calling her Ella i think! (hope he doesnt get stubbon just for the sake of it!!) and my god-daughter has just been named Rosie... its so lovely! feminine and cute! :thumbup:

Anyone got any ideas for middle names that go with Elodie? maybe i can give him a 'sensible' one to keep him quiet :rofl:

xx

Ive had similar problems :wacko:, first OH agreed he like Madeleine and we put it on the final list, then he said he didnt like it, then he did again, then last week he tells me that he HATES it!! WTF??!! so much for women being indecisive...... Anyway we have two names as signature shows, my fave is Phoebe though, and Im really working on him... BTW I absolutely LOVE Ella (and Elodie as the longer name :thumbup:). If it went with our surname then id definately have it, but Ella Lee sounds like a bit of a tongue twister??!!. xx

i would just say u want to register her with a grown up name but u will never use it haha

I totally love Marie for a middle name it flows so well with many names i would use it myself but Rosalie marie sounds too much of the same. But Ella Marie is v pretty Elodie Marie sounds nice together too,

Elodie Mae
Elodie Rose (Might sound too flowery for OH though)
Elodie Marie
Elodie Grace
Elodie Ashleigh
Elodie Faith
Elodie Elizabeth ( i like the 2 E's together :))

thats just a few i think sound nice together :thumbup:

xx

I think it's a lovely name :thumbup: Both the full version and the nickname of Ella. The way I convinced my OH on using Oliver (he absolutely can't stand it) is that baby is going to have his surname, so it's only fair. That, and Oliver's middle name will be Leonard after Tom's granddad so he gets two names already, think I deserve the first name! That, and it's Tom's middle name anyway!!

So if your little girl is going to be having your partner's surname then that's a good argument right there :dance: Made my OH think :haha:

As for some middle names:

Elodie May
Elodie Grace
Elodie Rose
Elodie Brooke
Elodie Michelle
Elodie Nicole
Elodie Jean
Elodie Joy
Elodie Katherine

I love the name Elodie and uhmed and ahhed about calling Mailie it, I pronounce it the French way though which I'm guessing you don't? Do you pronounce it like Melody but without the 'M'?

I had a feeling Mailie was a girl so I told hubby he could choose the boys name lol! He didn't have a say with the name I chose for a girl but I had to agree with his boys name lol I'm so mean, he did chose a fab boys name anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->