Ways to Curve Your 'Baby Cravings'

ArtIsLife

Reaction score
So I know a lot of us are going crazy WTT and I'm sort of on a baby obsession lately... what are some things you do (baby related) to pass the time and satisfy your 'baby urges' while you're waiting? Here are some things I do:

-watch one born every minute

-look through baby section at
store (I dont buy much yet)

-YouTube baby announcements

-Pinterest nursery ideas

-Pinterest baby announcement ideas

-already stocked up on cheapie PTs

-Google baby names and meanings

-Write out all out parents and grandparents names and mix and match first and middle names to see how they sound.

-watch documentaries like 'in the womb' about baby growing in belly, even though I know a lot of it, its still fascinating.

-two words: baby morphing

(I know there are similar threads, but none where we list out EVERYTHING we are doing.

I have created a 40 before 30 list, similar to a bucket list of things I want to do before I turn 30 (in 3 years) and I have marked some of them as ones I want to achieve before we TTC, so slowly making my way through those goals, it helps and they are things I've always wanted to do anyway!

We're waiting till August 2016...2015 has gotten off to a fast start, so I'm sure it will be here before I know it!

I'm not doing a lot yet but I want to find a onesie that says I love my auntie or something like that for when my nephew or niece is born this summer.

I spent a lot of time nesting and getting the house ready. Much of it was busy work and wasn't really necessary, but it made me feel like I was getting prepared.

preparing my body by taking vitamins, herbs and working out, working on managing stress, creating a pregnancy meal plan, researching products i want to use when baby arrives, researching info on cloth diapering, reading child development books, reading parenting books, temping/charting, removing chemical cleaners and fragrances from my home, switching to organic, sticking to pre pregnancy diet, journaling baby stuff i want to purchase, collecting a stash of baby stuff i find deals on, day dreaming about the future with the husband, browsing this site, looking up midwives in my area, playing with and taking care of other people's kids/babies, and.. yeah! talking with and learning things from friends who are currently pregnant. :)

I've been trying to focus on fitness and finishing the weight loss so I can continue to exercise during pregnancy, and hopefully avoid gaining too much weight (last pregnancy I only gained 14 lbs and was back to pre-pregnancy weight immediately - hoping to have the same experience!).

I've looked into nursery ideas since DD has become quite attached to her Lion King stuff, so I've found several neat Star Wars pieces on Etsy. There's some Star Wars fabric I love on ebay, so I think I'm going to make the crib bedding by hand (or having my mother help with her sewing machine). That should keep me busy during the pregnancy, and it'll be nice to have a one-of-a-kind set-up. :)

Spring cleaning came early this year, so we've been going through the house and de-cluttering what we don't need. I've been going through DD's old stuff to see what is still good for the next baby, and what we'll need to buy again. Already got several bags of donations going to Goodwill!

I've been looking at DD's baby photos... although I think that just makes it worse. :haha:

I do take multivitmains with folic acid and I do keep in shape by going to the gym three days a week. I haven't felt anymore healthy than I do now. :thumbup:

Wow, good for you for working out so regularly for so long, you must feel great. I like to work out but I lose motivation quickly. Ugh.

Im going nuts over here... Like I feel my insides vibrating! Like im hopped up on coffee and chocolate or something! LMAO

Seriously!

Ive done all of the above pretty much. Ive been buying clothing once a moth... Ready to head out to my shed and find out what baby stuff I have leftover from when the kiddos were babies. I got rid of a lot of it....

Wow, good for you for working out so regularly for so long, you must feel great. I like to work out but I lose motivation quickly. Ugh.

I'm excited to go to the gym tomorrow.

Pinterest, definitely. Oh my word.

Also, shopping for really good friends' babies! I end up getting them really awesome gifts because 1. I'm obsessed with baby things right now and 2. I almost pretend I am shopping for my own baby so I put a lot of thought into it! I try to get really creative and fun and not make it just something I did to fill a requirement for a baby shower gift etc.

Pinterest, definitely. Oh my word.

Also, shopping for really good friends' babies! I end up getting them really awesome gifts because 1. I'm obsessed with baby things right now and 2. I almost pretend I am shopping for my own baby so I put a lot of thought into it! I try to get really creative and fun and not make it just something I did to fill a requirement for a baby shower gift etc.

Wow, I'm sure your friends really love their baby gifts, then! My best friend is TTC right now, so I hope she gets a BFP soon so I have a more LEGITIMATE excuse to buy a bunch of baby stuff, stuff I wont feel the need to hide from DH, haha!

I had a good workout at the gym today, went on the eplitcal for 40 mins then worked on my biceps after.

Having another crosses my mind multiple times a day, which makes waiting a year or longer like I wanted especially hard. I know that it will be better for us and our family financially and emotionally if we waited versus trying again in June like we had planned after my miscarriage in January. I guess the only thing that truly helps me is distraction, such as indulging in personal hobbies, working out at the gym, and focusing on getting a flat tummy again since I've not lost the weight after I had DS 17 months ago. I also have to remind myself that I am enjoying not having a tiny human attached to me 24/7 and having some freedom and independent time is liberating

When i'm in full babyfever mode i either distract myself or embrace the baby madness, so my list contains some of both:

Talk about baby names with hubby

Talk about parenting with hubby

Think about our new house / talk about the house/ mentally decorate house

Pinterest house/ garden stuff

Pinterest baby stuff

Read other peoples' WTT journals

Watch 'Call the Midwife' and 'one born every minute'

Cook a really good dinner from scratch. Or bake.

Tidy. Housework. Boring stuff.

Research pregnancy/ labour/ baby

Ask hubby a million times if he's still ok with our ttc date

Practice BDing

Enjoy only having ourselves to look after and do stuff that would be more difficult with a baby (in our lives that's mostly having a lay-in on a sunday)

I watch born every minute a lot, and 'the midwives', but I haven't heard of 'call the midwife'...I will have to look that one up online...

I watch born every minute a lot, and 'the midwives', but I haven't heard of 'call the midwife'...I will have to look that one up online...

The first two seasons are on Netflix! :) (at least they were a couple months ago)

Looks like they are on YouTube as well... so it looks like its actors, unlike one born, right?

Yes, it's not real stories, it's a show that follows a group of midwives and their lives in the community they serve. It's still a nice little series!

i love it. It's about midwives in 1950's London. it's on bbc on sunday evenings but i don't suppose you get it in US? Can you access bbc iplayer or anything? (don't know if that only works in uk?) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->